dual LAN board as TV-Server w/HDHomerun (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've got an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo with a 2.1GHz cpu and 3Gb Ram. It has 2 Lan connectors. Currently, I'm using only one connection to my gigabit router for everyday use, eg., for internet, the usual computing stuff and as a dev machine for my MP skin (as a client). I also have a dedicated HTPC as a TVServer/Client machine connected via the router. I also have a SiliconDust HDHomerun connected to the router.

I'm considering using the ASUS based machine as a dedicated Media Server/TV Server to push media to the HTPC. With the 2 LAN connections, I think I should be able to isolate the HDHomerun from the traffic on the router and connect directly to the TV Server on one LAN connection, and then connect the TV Server to the home network (and the HTPC client) using the second connection. This should make it easier to expand to 2 (or more) HDHomeruns (2 digital tuners each) without adding to the network traffic.

I would like to know if this seems like a do-able plan, or should I just stick to my current configuration.

Thanks,

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom