Dual Screen Setup (1 Viewer)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi all

im trying to setup media portal to run with 2 screens

what im trying to do is have media portal fullscreen video running on my main TV while still being able to navigate media portal from my other smaller screen.

So what im trying to achive is ALL video/music visuals get played on the main TV, then have a smaller screen which does not play any video at all just shows the menus and allows you to navigate while the main TV continues to play video on fullscreen as if you were not navigating the menus.

Is this even possible? I would think this is something many people would want to do.

The idea of it being when playing music and videos clips at a party the media would continue to play on the main screen and the users can then que up new songs on the 2nd screen without the main screen doing anything but play the media.

I have some coding skils and im happy to try and write a plugin to achive this if there is not one around that will do it, however I would like to know if anyone more experienced in writing plugins thinks this is even possible.

cheers

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This would be really nice to have.

Just on a very simplistic level, how would you set up the basic system in your monitor settings? Would it be dual screen with the second screen extended at a different (lower) resolution?

Robbo100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom