Dual screen (Thermaltake DH 102) - how to make it work? (1 Viewer)

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I apologize it this has already been answered. I have searched a lot for the answer and have found nothing relevant.

I have the said case with a nice 7" display on it.
    I don't want to use iMon that was bundled with the screen.

I'd like to have the following (just a sketch for taste):
    Main menu - both screens show the menu
    Playing videos - main shows video, HTPC shows weather, CPU temp, date, time, video position / video size
    Playing music / radio - both screens show visualization
    Playing photo slideshow - main shows photos, HTPC shows image x / n + other stuff

More or less, I'd like for HTPC display to take over when TV doesn't need to be on (RADIO, MP3), but if the TV IS on, the HTPC would show some system info, play a vis or something.

I have found the minidisplay plugin, but I'm not sure it even contains a driver for a second monitor. I tried pretty much all of them and none worked. So I can't check what it does.

Is there something in MP that will utilize the second monitor and how do I set it up?
    Supporting the above wishes would be great, but initially I'll settle for anything that will utilize the secondary monitor.

Thanks,
    Jure

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thanks.
    I've already found the second link, but that guy had requirements quite different than mine.
    The TouchScreen plugin seems great though. Will try it ASAP :)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    did you have any luck getting the touch screen working with MP?

-- Im thinking of buying one of these cases - what are your impressions? Are you happy with it? Is the touch screen a worthwhile addition?

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    did you have any luck getting the touch screen working with MP?

-- Im thinking of buying one of these cases - what are your impressions? Are you happy with it? Is the touch screen a worthwhile addition?

I'm sorry, just took my women to a bit of a weekend R&R. I'll be reinstalling the HTPC on tuesday and I'll be sure to post my findings.

I can say right now that I'm sorry second screen isn't supported in the MP itself. This way skins would work and it would also be easier to write plugins for it. As it is, there's this one plugin which may or may not help, but it will most certainly look different than the main screen (as it doesn't do skins).

Also the "touch" part of that screen is of no consequence to me. I just wanted a screen per se. I intend to control the thing entirely through remote. But I'll be sure to try out the touch part as well and let you know.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Sorry for the long delay.
    As I said in the previous post, the touchscreen plugin has all the shortcomings that I mentioned.
    Plus the one that on my particular setup it takes 100% CPU and also basically blocks the MP from working.
    Menus still work, but starting a video or playing music never works. :(
    It may work for you though. Some people have 100% CPU, some don't and it basically does the job if it doesn't hog the CPU.

Otherwise it seems we'll just have to wait for someone to start an open source plugin for this. The current touchscreen plugin isn't open and doesn't progress well because only Technick works on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom