Dual View, different resolutions (1 Viewer)

stowaway

Portal Member
November 24, 2007
I have a 50" plasma in my lounge room where my media centre is. its a HD 1080p so the res is high. my computer is also connect via dual view to a CRT tv in my bedroom.

I can only watch things on either the 50" or the plasma.. is it impossible to clone the view? when i try and clone the view the tv cant handle the resolution and it just shows 1/4 of the picture.

however my friend has an even OLDER tv. and instead of only showing 1/4 of hte picture. it just shows it really fuzzy... which is fine, because when i put the movie on it plays in 640by480 most of the time so its not fuzzy.. but on mine even tho the movie should paly at 640by480 the crt tv only shows 1/4 of the screen?

anyway around this?:D

LeeJS

Portal Member
November 17, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have the same problem and the only way I can think of is to split a single signal before it reaches the TV and somehow downconvert it from 1080p to 576i. I hoped to find a receiver that would do this for me but I'm having trouble finding one, so much so that I don't think it can be done using an amp. There's probably a Keene or Maplins box that can do it but it won't be cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom