Xi'an, China
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: v1.0 RC4
MediaPortal Skin: Project Mayhem 3 and Blue 3
Windows Version: XP MCE 2005 SP3
CPU Type: Intel 4300
HDD: 1*Maxtor 250gb, seagate 320gb, seagate 500gb
Memory: 2g DDR2
Motherboard: Gigabyte p43-D? (cant remeber the exact model)
Video Card: Sapphire ATI Rafeon 4670
Video Card Driver: CCC 8.12
Sound Card: Realtek Onboard HD Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: Not Sure
MPEG2 Video Codec: Combined Comunity Codec Pack
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Combined Comunity Codec Pack
h.264 Video Codec: Combined Comunity Codec Pack
Remote: Standard MCE Remote
TV: CRT 1024*768
TV - HTPC Connection: vga

I am having some trouble working in dual view mode. I have my main monitor connected via dvi and my TV connected to the vga out. When using MP the menu flickers and shakes a lot. When in full video mode the shaking seems to stop but there is intermittent flickering, although nowhere near as problematic as when on the menu system. What is strange, when I connect the vga in as the main screen I don't get the problem, also when I have the dvi as the secondary screen the flickering is not there either.

I checked the thread out about flickering overlays and I am not sure if this is the same issue or not.

Any advice would be warmly received :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Try Indigo (blue) or Monochrome (black) - they have a simple and intuitive GUI, and is probably a good choice to avoid these things.

ringsting

Portal Member
    July 9, 2007
    Xi'an, China
    Home Country
    Hi Thanks for the recommendations,

I tried Indigo, and still have the same problem, it has a similar amount of flickering to it as Blue 3, which is slightly less than pm3

ringsting

Portal Member
    July 9, 2007
    Xi'an, China
    Home Country
    I've actually just changed over to an ati card, I had a 6800 gs which used to put my cpu usage up to 100% whenever it was at 42 degrees. The only way to fix i was to reboot the computer. So I decided I would go ATI next as they seemed slightly more htpc friendly and I was a bit sick of nvidia.

How wrong I was...

I've actually just changed over to an ati card, I had a 6800 gs which used to put my cpu usage up to 100% whenever it was at 42 degrees. The only way to fix it was to reboot the computer. So I decided I would go ATI next as they seemed slightly more htpc friendly and I was a bit sick of nvidia.

How wrong I was...

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi ringsting,

I have had the flickering for a long time now. Mainy happens in the guide where all channels (or wahtever your group is called) stretches over the whole guide.

Mine has finally stopped with RC4 and the use of the christmas skin patch. I can't remember seeing it on the Blue3Wide skin either.

I think this issue could be caused by changing from one type of card to another without re-installing Windows. I actually completely replaced the computer. I took the drive from one system to replace a failed system drive in my main HTPC and as it worked, I didn't bother re-installing, just installed all the new drivers. I am using a Nvidia card but the old one was a terrible chrome onboard mini ITX thing.

Then I cloned that drive so I am still on the same version of windows installed on a different PC, if that makes sense. Don't tell Bill Gates though!

Maybe this info will be of some use.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom