duplicate entries in database (1 Viewer)

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am trying really hard to make My Music work for me in MP, but finding it a real struggle!

I have several thousand tracks (46000+), all neatly arranged in folders

Artist¬
    Album Name¬
    CD1
    CD2
    etc¬
    individual tracks

I am currently working to tag all tracks. Occasionally, after doing several hours of tagging, I will rescan the database and will scan based on everything changed since xx/xx/xxxx

As per a previous post, sometimes this doesn't work and it simply doesn't pick up some of my newly tagged (or ripped) albums. When this happens, I do a full rescan and thats where the problem arises. I end up with individual tracks, or sometimes whole albums duplicated in the database, sometimes several times over.

Weirdly, if I try and play one of the duplicate tracks (by pressing enter), it actually highlights one of the other duplicates and plays perfectly.

If I delete and recreate the database, everything works as expected, but it takes a long time to keep doing this!

Anyone else have this problem? Do I just ignore it, tag all my tracks, build the database from scratch and then leave it alone?!!

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    This does sound odd so logs would probably help.

The issue with the date is a timezone one which has been fixed (will be available in next release of 1.2)
    Edit: although just seen you are in the UK so there should be no timezone issues...

Is there someone odd about your storage where you keep your music?

Are you running 1.1 or 1.2 beta?

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Running 1.1.3

All music is stored on a mapped DFS share (mapped to m:\)
    The database itself is similarly stored, mapped to a different DFS share (h:\)

Which logs do I need to get? I can get them next time I do an import

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    after doing a scan use the debug mode shortcut from the start menu and select the option to gather all existing logs

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Sorry about the delay, but its taken a while for it to happen again

I have attached the logs and a couple of screenshots of the issue. The album in question was added to the database today and has appeared twice for some reason

Attachments

• image1.PNG
      image1.PNG
      496.1 KB
    • image2.PNG
      image2.PNG
      510.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom