Duplicate episodes after moving series - needs database deletion :( (1 Viewer)

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey guys,
After a season has finished and I've watched all eps, I move that season to my external storage (my archive).
Unfortunately I do this regularly to free up space.
And sometimes I find it necessary to rename a few series because I will copy them to a usb stick or whatever to give to someone.

Problem: renaming series, or moving them from 1 folder that is scanned by My TVSeries to another folder that is also scanned for new files by TVSeries, gives duplicates in the database and the Mediaportal GUI.

Problem: if I delete 1 of the 2 in the Mediaportal GUI, they both disappear.

The problem can be solved by erasing the database and do the whole import again, takes time.. :(

I see this as a bug but not sure if I may call it a bug.. when I do the same with movies with the MovingPictures plugin I don't have these issues...

I am using MP102 and My TVSeries version 2.3.38.35 (the build from 8 Sept'09).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You could edit the 'TVSeriesDatabase4.db3' with the SQLite Database Browser, open file, goto 'Browse Data' tab, adjust table to "local_episodes" and edit the episode names you want to rename. A mass change goes easier via SQL queries, but I'm not going to explain that here. Instead use the magnifying glass and use "contains" to locate the files you want to rename easier. You do have to realize that MediaPortal still maintains its own database as well and every TV episode you watched is also stored in the VideoDataseV5.db3 database with a relative path and FolderDatabase3.db3 for the absolute root folder (at least for MP 1.0.2).

However on a lot of files that's a lot of work, so you could simply delete the show you are moving from the database by itself. Open MediaPortal Configuration and goto Plugins -> TVSeries configurations. Then open the "Details" tab, locate your show, and right click on the episode, season or show name to delete. Then you can re-import it after you moved/renamed the files.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you add your local harddrive as "not removable" and unchecked "keep reference to files that are no longer available"? I do the same as you and have no problems.

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rochess thanks, but I am just curious why all of this doesn't happen with MovingPictures, I assume the technique, database system is the same.

Imzadi: woops, I added both harddrives as removable and did not uncheck 'keep reference to files that are no longer available'! I'll change that and suppose my issues will be solved then :) thanks!

ChrisQ

September 9, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After searching the forum for this same problem, I found this thread.

I have two 1 terrabyte drives that I access through mapped network shares. The first was completely full so I added another. But some of the shows are still ongoing requiring more space on the original drive, so I have had to move some other series to the new drive to make more room. I keep on getting duplicates even though both drives are not checked to keep old data. Deleting and re-adding the show changes nothing.

Also I have both shares checked as removable and I have "keep data" unchecked.

Obviously the easy solution is to move all the series that are still expanding to the new drive, and I will end up doing that if no one can figure out how to get rid of duplicates from within the program, but I had to at least ask before spending an afternoon copying files back and forth.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom