Duplicate movies (1 Viewer)

Sphero

Portal Pro
June 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

A few weeks ago I bought a NAS box. On my HTPC I connected the share.

After a while I had to reconnect the share. The drive letter remained the same, but all the movies are inserted twice. The movies that where already in the database cannot be played. The strange thing is, the driveletter did not change.

Very annoying when u have over 200 movies on your NAS.

I also had this problem with my My TvSeries, but after I checked the option keep reference to my files and the removeable media the problem was solved.

Any way to tackle this problem?

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
February 8, 2006
Yeah, I recently had the same problem, my NAS box went down, so I moved the HD to reside in my HTPC, mapped to the same drive letter as it was over the network. All my movies reside in the same path as they used to, but they get detected as new. I think it has something to do with Moving Pictures detecting the drive as a different removable disk. I think the only way to fix this right now is delete all your old movies and let it re-detect them. Quite annoying I know, especially when half of your movies require manual approval.

Sphero

Portal Pro
June 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It just happend again.

Now the storage was already running and the share was mounted. All my movies are red in Moving Pictures control panel.
I have to delete them all and insert them from movie importer.

Any fix for this?

cics

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 30, 2007
    Drammen
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Bump

This is a serious bug. Over 300 DVDs on the database so it's really annoying to re-scan and... got duplicated movies every 3 days.

All my movies are on remote NAS and it feel like I got duplicated movies when NAS is not mounted when MP starts up. (I can be wrong here, it just a feeling I got).

Anyway, the plugin should prevent dublicated entries in the database; Same .ISO file, same DVD title etc.

--CICS

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you duplicate the issue and post your debug logs so we can get a technical picture of what is going on here?

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since I updated from MP 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 I have exactly the same bug too.

Like the topicstarter I have a NAS which is mapped as V:\drive on my pc. Although the NAS is always reachable the Moving Picture plugin nearly every day detects "new" movies. But those new movies are in fact the old ones that appear as duplicates in the movie-list. In the configuration program those movies are in red. They are also not usable and can't be started by clicking.

It is a really annoying bug. Is there a way to prevent the plugin from adding files that are already in the database?

citizenkeys

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had the same problem... with over 1500 movies, many of which i had to manually approve.

the issue seems to be with usb drives and how 'moving pictures' detects movies.
    the issue occurs intermittently when i unplug the usb drive and plug it into a different port.
    the only solution is to remove the watched folders entirely and then re-add everything.

i hope somebody fixes this serious glitch.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All i can say is make a habit of backing up your database, especially in the pre 1.0 stages :)
    I'm investigating these issues, in the mean time keep posting your debug logs.

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Which file in the folders is the databasefile which contains the movies? Can I backup that single file and put it back?
    Than I could make a batchfile for it

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Which file in the folders is the databasefile which contains the movies? Can I backup that single file and put it back?
    Than I could make a batchfile for it
    The file would be movingpictures.db3. This will not create a backup of your covers and or backdrops. It will preserve your settings and movie info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom