Dutch language scraping support (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.6

Well, that's exactly what i did before i started MePo up again. Understandable that the GUI gives 'ERROR' message, but i haven't been able to retrieve Dutch summaries (Just tried it again).

Weird, it works for me.

I'll just release plugin later today, will make testing easier then.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Yesterday ran away from me, but new IMDb+ plugin v1.3.0.180 is now released.

It is easy to update from the couch via the MPEI plugin (if you installed it) or the "Mediaportal Extension Installer" shortcut on your desktop. If it does not show yet, then please refresh the update list for MPEI, so it is aware there is a new IMDb+ plugin available.

Fixed/Added in this release:

• Force IMDb+ support for any scraper script that uses IMDb-IDs.
    • More methods to refresh the collection, and ability to resume.
    • IMDb+ plugin settings can now be adjusted via MPEI plugin.
    • Dutch language support for secondary scraper-script data.

Enjoy.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

TNX for the update RoChess.

I did some testing and i'm still not able to retrieve Dutch Summaries for the movies in my dB, so i started thinking what could be wrong.
    Checked the scrapers and noticed that moviemeter.nl was disabled, so added that again, but that didn't solve the problem.
    Then i tried updating movies with MovieMeter.nl scraper instead of IMDb+ and that resulted in all Dutch info. When i updated the same movie again, but now with IMDb+ again, i noticed that the summaries stayed on Dutch language, while the rest got updated into English again!

So, short: I can't get Dutch summaries when i update my excisting dB. When i scan the movies with MovieMeter.nl scraper and afterwards scan them again with IMDb+ scraper (through MovPic config), i'm getting the prefered results (All info English except fort the summaries (Dutch)).

Curious if others are experiencing the same problem.
    Let me know if you need any logs, etc. RoChess!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

WARNING: For some weird reasons when the MediaPortal language is set to non-English, things go horribly wrong.

Finally able to reproduce the error, so working on a solution.

Fixed in v1.3.0.183

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Did some testing with v1.3.0.183 and just refreshed my entire movie dB with Dutch additional info and everything went perfect! Finally the solution i was waiting for ;)

TNX RoChess!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Did some testing with v1.3.0.183 and just refreshed my entire movie dB with Dutch additional info and everything went perfect! Finally the solution i was waiting for ;)

TNX RoChess!

Glad we finally got that sorted.

So what is next?

I made a bunch of screenshots from the new plugin and will update the wiki. I'm also going to look at some of the scraper-script option descriptions in IMDb+ to make sure they still cover the new version. It's also time for a skin-designer guide so that more skin developers can add support.

I've also begun going through a list of 350 movie titles to fix the dual-title problem on Original/Classic/Remake/etc versions of the same movie, or when it is a totally different one that shares the title (right now I'm using theme/country to differentiate those). The most modern or popular one will then get the title as-is without any postfix. So far only been able to do 30 titles as it takes quite a bit of time to verify all the titles.

Once the English rename database is done, I'm going to be looking at foreign title support and having a localized/translated rename database for those supported languages as well. Will need some community support on that, but will ask when the time comes. Danish support via a scope.dk proxy system is also on the agenda then.

The ability to edit/add rename database entries will be added to the IMDb+ plugin as well, including more enhancements to the refresh system. Those will take a lot of time to implement, so won't be anytime soon.

Hiding the scraper-script options that rely on the setting of others is also on the to-do list, for example being able to adjust the 'foreign title first' option is pointless when the 'add foreign title' option is disabled. Right now you can adjust it, but the scraper-script then ends up simply ignoring it. By actually hiding the options it hopefully makes adjusting the scraper-script options a little bit easier to understand.

And finally there will be support for custom downloadable MovingPictures categories. The main category inside MovingPictures will be named "IMDb+ Categories" (this will be adjustable). And then you will be able to 'add' sub-categories to this via a multi-select downloadable list. Category examples include "Actors" -> "Top 10" + "Top 50" + "Top 250", and then for example the American Film Institute defined "AFI Top 10" -> "Top 10: Sci-Fi movies" + "Top 10: Western movies" + "Top 10:...." lists. You will be able to pick and choose which categories you want to download/add and remove the ones you changed your mind on. Then via forum or other community methods we can all 'share' custom categories with eachoter, that will be added to the system. This way when one person takes the time to create a new list, it will be available for all to enjoy. The entire technical system has to be designed and tested first, so don't already start coming up with lists to share just yet, but letting you know all the exciting stuff that is coming.

:D

BigDoom

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

And finally there will be support for custom downloadable MovingPictures categories. The main category inside MovingPictures will be named "IMDb+ Categories" (this will be adjustable). And then you will be able to 'add' sub-categories to this via a multi-select downloadable list. Category examples include "Actors" -> "Top 10" + "Top 50" + "Top 250", and then for example the American Film Institute defined "AFI Top 10" -> "Top 10: Sci-Fi movies" + "Top 10: Western movies" + "Top 10:...." lists. You will be able to pick and choose which categories you want to download/add and remove the ones you changed your mind on. Then via forum or other community methods we can all 'share' custom categories with eachoter, that will be added to the system. This way when one person takes the time to create a new list, it will be available for all to enjoy. The entire technical system has to be designed and tested first, so don't already start coming up with lists to share just yet, but letting you know all the exciting stuff that is coming.

Is it possible to make something that series are grouped under a category?
    So you got one main category with all the movies and in that main category series are grouped under one child-category. So the list can become a little bit smaller :)
    Don't know if it's possible with current MovPiv version to make child categories and make this work.....because it would be totally awesome if it's possible!! :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Is it possible to make something that series are grouped under a category?

You should be able to do that with existing MovPic.

When you create a new main category item, you can drag&drop the existing ones into it to re-arrange them. So you can keep the existing ones easy, or simply delete them.

Since you can create a filter based on certifications, you can simply make a main category called "Kids Movies" and filter it on only showing G and possibly PG/PG-13 movies depending on age of your kids (using USA/MPAA certifications as an example). And make another category that shows all the other movies by reversing the kid filters, as in show movies that are NOT G/PG/PG-13.

If you have MediaPortal v1.2+, then you can even create your edit your skin buttons to jump straight to those categories, so it saves an extra click. This only works from BasicHome, or hidden menu, because the "<hyperlinkParameter>category</hyperlinkParameter>" only works on "<type>button</type>" skin elements, alongside the link for MovingPictures, which is "<hyperlink>96742</hyperlink>".

On fancy skins such as StreamedMP, you can use an editor to make this process easier, but even with plain notepad you can modify the "BasicHome.xml" file easy as I've done myself.

Or keep the single button and rely on the category menu structure you created then.

What the enhancement for IMDb+ will do is share custom category structures, for example the top 250 actor will simply be a menu "Actors - Top 250" menu, and then 250 seperate category filters entries where each entry has a filter such as "Actors" + "contains" + "John Doe". You can easaly make those yourself, but it is very tedious and the IMDb+ system will allow one person to put in the time to create such a structure and then everybody else can enjoy it by downloading it via IMDb+ plugin and adding it to their MovingPictures setup. To make sure those 'custom' ones do not interfere with your existing categories, they will all go inside the "IMDb+ Categories" main menu item, but this will be configurable, and via MovPic config you can drag&drop adjust the positions easy.

Users who are viewing this thread