h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Greenpower GL-1C
    Cooling: Coolermaster
    Power Supply: Zalman 400W
    Remote: MCE remote
    TV: Philips 32PFL9632D/10
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI - HDMI

I might be a complete moron but I can't set up the Dutch TV Guide properly. Now I use DVB-T Guide but it gives just 2 days, so I want to use webEPG.
    When I try to set up WebEPG I get several channels working but there are some channels which show channel information from other channels (RTL4, 5, 7 and 8 are the same)

My question: On this forum, is there a dutch fellow who got this working properly and, more important, willing to help my on this one? :confused:

:D in advance

Marcel

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Come on Dutch fellow users! There must be at least one of you knowing the right answer!:)

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for the lousy response time, but yeah I work with Webepg just fine. Given, it took me a few tries but it works brilliant.

I'll be more than happy to help out. I'm running RC2 and will reconstruct my installation of webepg. I will post a list with workarounds and trapholes later. (might be tonight might be tommorow morning at work though)
    I'm now working on changing the xface homescreen/video/mytrailers bararea in to a homescreen/video/bluray to connect with the powerdvd8 plugin.
    I have to ask Harley though :)

Btw, just watched Nederland 1 HD, Eindelijk gaan we kleine stapjes zetten naar HD!
    Ik werk met DVB-C net als ThaClown

groeten Ghanz

psiebe

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Mdfolter,

did you already run the epg configuration program that is in the root of your MP folder? you can map every channel to which info it should collect through tvgids.nl or the rtl one. I recall all the rtl ones defaulting on rtl7 if you don't manually fix it

Patrick

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What exactly do I have to change to get decent info on the other RTL channels. I tried some myself to no avail. Screenshot would help here.

Thanks in advance

VashStampede

Portal Member
    August 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you open the "WebEPG-conf.exe" application. You can push the litte <...> button behind the Channel on the right side. There you can select the proper RTL channels. In my case all RTL channels were set to RTL 7, changed them manually to 4/5/8.

ghanz

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2007
    Ouderkerk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    tha clown

sorry for the delay, simply to busy at the moment. basically I followed the webepg for dummies guide posted on this forum. However it did not go exactly as planned.

If you run vista make sure you run the webepg config.exe file as administrator!! You than import channels from mediaportal (by the way these buttons were all not visible to me untill I manually enlarged the window by dragging) You wll now have a list of channels on your left window part. you than manually select (channel by channel) a channel on the left side and associate these with websites on the right side (in the guide).
    After this HIT SAVE, do not exit or you will end up doing it all over again.
    when this is finished you run webepg.exe AS ADMINISTRATOR also. You will see a blach little command screen shortly and afterwards you will see nothing.
    The only way you know if it is downloading is by the fact that is is now writing a tv-guide writing.xml file. in xp this is located in progfiles/mediaportal/xmltv, however in Vista this is gonna be located in application data/mediaportal/xmltv (use search.)
    Ones you have located this file and remember the path, open up the XMLTV plugin as described in the guide.
    The import did not go as smooth I remeber I had to reboot 2 times or so, however if you run in any trouble I'll be happy to help. It is worth it, because it rules!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom