DVB-C Belgium ??? How popular is it etc?

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by ms2005, October 31, 2005.

1. ms2005

ms2005 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, so i have a slight dilemma.

Im currently on a year abroad, 1st semester in Mannheim, germany and 2 nd semester leuven Belgium.

i was looking for a DVB-C usb as Germany seems to prefer cable but i dont want to buy something and need something new when i move to Belgium, thus, can anybody tell me if DVB-C is popular in Belgium and is it worth buying one??

Many Thanks in advance

Mike

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MrSensitive

MrSensitive Portal Pro

IT admin
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pfft,

the only DVB-C solution in Belgium is telenet, and they don't allow any other decoder than their own box. (which outputs only s-video by the way..)
    evne the free channels require a CAM.. :roll:

not worth it in Belgium..

(Brussels has a small provider that is abit more flexible i think, but not sure about that)..

on a personal note.. Telenet SUCKS :evil:

4. ms2005

ms2005 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    much appreciated, so least that solves one question.

So is dvb-t much of an option?

Thanks again

5. MrSensitive

MrSensitive Portal Pro

IT admin
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry, can't help you with that..

6. Zby

Zby Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will try to be short:

Flanders is covered by VRT (in theory!, who is testing it???) and redistribute één, Ketnet/Canvas.
    Brussels is covered by RTBF (Wallonia will be in 2006or7 ... still theory) and encapsulate La Une, La Deux and RTBF Sat.
    Radios of the groups are also included, but no trace of the privately help networks in those streams!!!

Only an other evidence that politics and human stupidity only deserve what the technology should bring us!!!

Only my 2 €urocents, Zby-)

Ohhh, by the way, in Brussels it is working pretty well, I have tested it, and asked DMAN to inject the DVB-C profile for Belgium, with the info, I found on the respective provider web sites.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!