DVB-C card with card reader (1 Viewer)

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
Since Media portal has gone digital it thought it is time for me to do the same.
Does anyone have suggestions on a good DVB-C card with card reader and hardware decoding?

/Peter

A

Anonymous

lugiber said:
Since Media portal has gone digital it thought it is time for me to do the same.
Does anyone have suggestions on a good DVB-C card with card reader and hardware decoding?

/Peter

Check the Twinhan site, they have a pci version that comes with a card reader. I was looking at dvb-t but I think they had one for dvb-c to.

I don't know if they have any BDA drivers for it though.

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
Thanks for the tip! It looks like a good, affordable card. But after googling around a bit i found several users that had trouble getting the card to work. No one seemed to get the card reader to work and it had trouble finding channels without really strong signals.
Swedish users can check out these links:

http://www.nordichardware.com/Recensioner/?skrivelse=224&page=4

http://www.prisjakt.nu/forum/index.php?showtopic=77089&st=0&searchtime=

The good thing is that the bda drivers work with the card.

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

No problem, Thanks for you help I will give other software a try:)
No problem, Thanks for you help I will give other software a try:)
Wondering if someone could help me with a tuning problem? My equipment for tuning are (3) HDhomerun primes each with a cable card...
Replies
Views
Found this in Mediaportal Wiki. This seams to be my problem.
Found this in Mediaportal Wiki. This seams to be my problem.
Do someone have any idea what could be the reason for that? My second Digital devices TV-tuner card is detected wrong. The type...
Replies
Views
Hello ge2301, Yes, that was the problem: After switching off the TV Movie EPG import plug-in, the TV server runs through. Many many thanks Tom
Hello ge2301, Yes, that was the problem: After switching off the TV Movie EPG import plug-in, the TV server runs through. Many many...
Hello, yesterday I set up a new media portal. The last time I did this was a few years ago. So that I am very unsure. I set up a...
Replies
Views
Still working on it, although a bit slowly. Only one major thing I need to add: reliably sending keypresses to the webview2 (need that for netflix's skip 15sec. etc) after that it's time for testing
Still working on it, although a bit slowly. Only one major thing I need to add: reliably sending keypresses to the webview2 (need...
Hi, Not sure whether this is really "off topic" or not as this is really about the abilities of MP, but couldn't think where else...
Replies
Views
Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom