DVB-C PCI card list (with CI interface) + Win 2003/7 (1 Viewer)

Sucssess of DVB-C cards

• Total voters

sinin

Portal Member
November 2, 2008
Hi all,

I'm looking at several DVB-C cards to determine which will work best in a server. I'm after at least two cards for the moment, possibly more or a DVB-S2 card later (although I know nothing about Dish systems).

Does anyone have experience of these cards with CI interface (although I may simply buy in bare form for the moment).

In addition, these will run in my server - at the moment this is a Windows 2003 unit although I might go up to 2007 at some point in the future. I'm looking at around 3 different clients to connect.

1) TT 1501 and the CI unit as a package - Approx €73 (€54 without CI interface)
2) TechniSat CableStar HD2 (inc CI interface) - Approx €60
3) SATELCO EasyWatch HDTV PCI - Approx €85 (CI interface is extra at €37)
4) Mystique CaBiX-C2, DVB-C - Approx €54 (CI Interface is €34)
5) TerraTec Cinergy C PCI HD CI - Approx
6) FloppyDTV (inc CI Interface) - Approx €150!! (USB Connection)

There is also a cheap Twinham card with CI interface, but I've read some odd things about that.

Thoughts welcome.

Cheers.

Mr.Wifi

Portal Pro
August 26, 2008
Düsseldorf
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi

I´m using the Mystique Card with CI in Win7 and it works well if the CAM Settings are correctly set. With this card you´re restricted to 1.1 Alpha and up due to CAM menu support. I´m ( actually ) not using a server and can only speak about functionality on my standalone HTPC....

If the budget matters go for the Mystique and try it out, if not then get the Floppy DTV wich generally is the most relyable TV card money can buy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom