DVB-IP no playback, stream1.0 (1 Viewer)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
    MediaPortal Skin: xFactor
    Windows Version: Windows Vista Ultima SP2
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 2x2.5GHz
    HDD: Seagate 250 GB
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: Asus P5N73-AM
    Video Card: MSI Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
    Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.7516
    Sound Card: SoundBlaster X-Fi 5.1 USB
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF
    Sound Card Driver: Daniel_K Driver 09.12.2008
    1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S(2)
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.701
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello there!

I tried to set up and "broadcast" my own TV-Channel in my home-network. The channel plays only TVSeries. Therefore I configured a stream with VLC on the same machine on which the TV Server runs. (Settings below). After that I created a m3u-file with the streaming-path, restartet the tv-server, did a channel scan and everthing worked fine. Then, I opened the MePo client, switched to the channel and got the message "Cannot play back: stream1.0". In TV-Server (manual config) I did a "timeshiftig and recording"-test which was fine. Then, I switched off the firewall on all machines. No effect.
    I also replaced the "MPIPTVSource.ax"-file with these ones in this forum - now I also can receive http-streams.

VLC Settings:
    Source: avi-File
    Dest: http, port 8069 (same problem with udp and rtp)
    Transcoding-Profile: Video MPEG-2 and MPGA (TS)
    That's it!

I must say, that I changed the transcoding-profile in that way, that it keeps the original video and audio track. I just want to stream the file AS IS. Sometimes - if I remove the hook at "Keep original track" - the stream finally worked in MePo client. But only sometimes.

What can I do now? Please help me. My aim: Stream all my series in random order with the original file quality in my home-network only to mepo clients.

PS: Receiving the stream (http, rtp or udp) with VLC on several machines worked for me...

Thanks in advance!

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: DVB-IP no playback, stream1.0

Hi King-S,

I think what you want is not possible, I'm sorry. All configs you mention seems to be correct. I see two reasons why it's not going to work:
    • The TV Server can handle only mpeg2 or h.264 videos! You did not mention the codec of your videos (avi is only a container format that can store video of different formats). If your videos use a different codec you must transcode them
    • The TV Server is built to work with dvb compliant streams. VLC streams only the video/audio data and does not simulate a dvb broadcast. All dvb data (program id, transponder id, ...) is missing in your stream.

You can check the codec of your videos and try to stream a h.264 video. But I think it won't work because of the missing dvb stuff.
    If you do some more testing on this, please let me know the results.

Stepko

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey!

Thanks for your answer. Alle of the files/containers consists no hd material. Only DivX/XVid movies with mp3 or ac3-sound. But I don't understand why the streaming part shouldn't be possible? It's also possible to receive the rtsp-Stream of a webcam. And I think, a webcam also doesn't provide dvb-stuff.
    But I made a little progress.... I used a thin client of MP (coded by gemx) (MPTVClient), startet my channel and received audio and video. It seems to be a codec-problem. The MePo-Error-Log says "vmr9 not connected". As I switch to vmr-renderer (I use win7), I receive the same problem.

What can I do?

Thanks!

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

MP can play almost any kind of video that is out there. The picture of a webcam streamed with rtsp is also possible like a hd video. But thats not the problem in your case. You need to differentiate between MP and the TV server. The TV server is designed to work with dvb comliant streams only!! The webcam for instance does not work with the TV server, but it works in MP.
    You need to find a way to get the streams running in MP without the TV Server. Perhaps it is possible to do that with the Online Videos plugin (not sure, because I don't know how the plugin works).

First thing you should do is to check the codecs. All videos must work on the clients locally. Try to play them as local file (copy them to the clients) in WMP and in MP. Only if that works try to play with the streaming part.

Stepko

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey. Quick reply ;)

All of the video-files work on the client and the server. I watched them all (yes..all ;)) some time ago - and I checked again for some minutes. What's next?

Shall I stop trying to receive the stream over the IP-Card and trying to receive it via another plugin instead? Or is there a chance to get the stream working within the TV-Client?

It would be very nice, if MY channel appears in the TV-Channel list ;)

Do you have any further ideas?

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

some time ago there was a longer discussion about that suff. Turns out that the ts reader needs the pmt (I guess it was the pmt...) in order to work. Record works, but you won't be able to watch the stream.
    I think what you want is not possible without all the dvb service tables. I don't know if there is any streaming software out there that can broadcast a video as dvb compliant stream. Perhpas there is, but I didn't find any on a quick search. Even if there is any software, you would need do read alot about the dvb standart in order to set it up correctly.
    But thats the only way I see right now to watch the stream in TV module.

Another approach would be to use (or write) a plugin for MP to receive the stream.

Stepko

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey Stepko,

got some news'n pics ;) You were wrong when you telling me, TVServer won't playing back streams without dvb-stuff. I made some simple settings in VLC transcoding a file while streaming it into the lan. After setting the "tuningparameters" to http the tvservers play the stream back - without problems.

I attached some pics to proof my statement.

Settings VLC:

Destination: HTTP, Port 8069 (8080 / 80 is busy)

Transcoding:
    Active: yes
    Profile: Video - MPEG-2 + MPGA (TS)
    Encapsulation: MPEG-TS
    Videocodec: Video: yes / Codec: MPEG-2 / Bitrate 800kbs
    Audiocodec: Audio: yes / Codec: MPEG Audio, 128 kbit, 2 channels

That's it. But it's not finally that what I wanted... (by now)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21617257/Static/Foren/Foto 23.04.2011 17 38 26.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21617257/Static/Foren/Foto 23.04.2011 17 38 33.jpg

Sry. Can't edit the post again... I thought the pics would be posted as thumbnails... Maybe an admin or mod can edit the post... sorry for that....

pilotedge

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey

I'm interested in exactly how you got this going. I'm currently looking at setting up a private TV channel as a security camera and it would be great to watch through TV server as then I can check it from anywhere :)

My initial plan was to use a composite camera and a wireless video sender to plug the signal into my capture card. But if I can do it with an IP webcam that would be SO much better. I dont suppose you would be willing to list you hardware and software setup, including the channel settings in TV server?????
    Thanks!!

Galliag

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    are there any new findings on this subject ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom