DVB-S DVB-C installation Guide (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would be nice if someone wrote a definitive Guide to setting up both dvb-s and dvb-c (would have to be seperate guides and possibly include settop boxes as well), including connections used and images of the step by step setup of MediaPortal configuration and posting it as a sticky in the installation section as well as in the wiki.

I know there are loads of little odds and sods in posts, but nothing really explicit on the subject that you could make a top notch guide out of, that is easy to find and read.

Wish i could do it, but only have DVB-T, so never having had to setup the channels for cable or sattelite am not the best person for the job.

I'm pretty certain there would be many thanks from people trying to setup such a system from scratch, who like me have very limited knowledge in this area.

Thanks for reading

:D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hmm.....

1. install card
    2. install BDA drivers
    3. make sure windows is up-to-date
    4. read the mediaportal manual and install the patches listed in ::requirements::
    5. start mediaportal/setupTV
    6. select card
    7. select satelite transponderlist/cabletv list
    8. press scan button

thats all.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Short and to the point... very nice.

I think you are correct, there really is not that mutch too it, problems often occur when there are hardware or driver problems and we can not write a Wiki abou that can we...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom