mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    someone on IRC tell me about italian dvb-epg is only for current program and successive. But i try epg with a SKy settopbox and i've noticed epg was for this week and successive. why mediaportal is able to grab only two programs? and why for not all channels? but seems populate epg at random mode. I don't know how epg data flow works...... but how set-top boxes can grab all week EPG?

If someone knows how epg works can write some link where i can find some info about epg data?

crazyboy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    The problem is that ther'are 2 epg type of data :
    1) Standard dvb-s epg data
    2) sky proprietary epg data

dvb-s epg standard support only "now" and "after" event epg information; is a open standard and that it is implemented in mediaportal.

sky proprietary epg data support a week event information but it is a closed protocol and it is implemented only in sky box.

The epg information is random populate beacuse is trasmitted with channel data stream. For catch epg for all channel mediaportal would have tune all channel and get the data stream. Considered that isn't to happen mediaportal get epg information only for channel that you have seen.

Sorry for my bad english

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom