[Radio] DVB-S Radiotext / EPG / RASS --> Fanart (1 Viewer)

Freeman

April 19, 2010
Started on: 2010-06-20
last update: 2010-06-20

Summary:
Why not implement Radiotext / EPG / RASS Information into the Radio Section of Mediaportal. I would be great to have Fanart of currently played Radio Title / Artist beeing displayed:) Some Radios even provide covers and other into the stream (see below)...

Area:
Radio Section of Mediaportal (DVB-S)

Description:
Some thought for the Idea: Imagine to have Fanart beeing displayed for Radio Live Stream. DVB-S is providing several ways for getting additional Information out of the stream.

I startet my investigation with the (old fashioned) Radio Data System This has been used mostly during analog Radio (UKW/FM). But according to some Websites this is also available over DVB-S ?

Well, this RDS system has been extended by the RDS-UECP Protocol. Seems for me that here are even more information to get of the stream....

But after crawling the web a bit more there was the thing I would say which is exactly what I was looking for: the RASS System. This thing could make Radio as colorful as the My Music Section with Fanart....:D. The overview (in German) is here. And watch the possibilities with this protocol here or as Video here...

--> If Devellopers are interested there is already a Plugin for VDR Maybe there an easy way of converting ?:confused:

Hmm, now the question is if there is a way to bring more Live Information into the Radio Part of Mediaportal. I cannot estimate whats the best out of EPG/RASS /RDS. But whatever brings in artist and title would be perfect for Fanart to hook in...

:D
Freeman

---------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS ION / MP 1.1 RC4 mit HDTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom