DVB-S tuner reliability (1 Viewer)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Hi all

Has anybody here got any experience with DVB-S tuners when connected to a distribution system?

The reason I ask is that I've now had 2 different DVB-S tuner cards fail within a couple of months of installation.

The first card was a BlackGold 6in1 3450 card. The second was a Pinnacle 9010ix 6in1 installed in a different HTPC system.

I'm connecting the cards to the satellite feeds in my apartment which I assume are connected to a distribution system. I'm wondering if there might be something special about the distribution system that is causing it to fry my cards?

Any thoughts welcome!

Mark

EDIT

I've worked in IT for nearly 15 years.
One of the bits of advice that I used to dish out on a regular basis was "have you tried switching it off and on again?"
My GF just suggested that I should try that... and :eek: the 9010ix is working again :)

:oops:

Koschel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2005
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A lot of users prefer the Digital Everywhere Floppy DVB-S(2). I personally use these cards for years now on different system and never had any problems.

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi

I have a pair of Hauppauge HVR-4000s connected to DVB-S feeds from a 16 way Multiswitch which is in my loft. They have been running since February and are OK at present. Hopefully they will remain that way.

Mew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom