DVB-subtitles from DR1 (danish viewers) (1 Viewer)

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Currently Im using TV server 0.3 together with Videolan. It's because of the possibility of showing DVB-subtitles.

Unfortunately I have a problem with DVB subtitles from DR1. Does anyone know of this problem. The DVB subtitles are showing nicely on TV2, but they are not showing on DR1.

Im using Hauppauge Nova-T (pci) Tv-card.

Hojou

Portal Pro
January 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I'm using MP 0.2.2.0 and recently recorded a show from DR1 - it also showed up without subtitles. I think perhaps DR1 changed something in the stream because it worked before - i'm almost sure.

I found this thread about enabling subtitles, but since it's already working for TV2 i doubt it will help you (or me) - posting it anyways since i might as well try something since i'm posting :p

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/help_needed_dvb_subtitles-t5152.html
This thread also has a link to this graph-picture: http://day2.no-ip.org/pictures/graph.png

Rasmuzzen

Portal Member
July 26, 2007
Roskilde
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hojou, how do you play recorded tv. What player do you use. If I use VLC, then there is subtitles. Using MediaPlayer buildin, no subtitles.

Do you press any secret key to toggle subtitles on/off insite mediaplayer.

Greetings from Roskilde.dk

Nyll

Portal Pro
May 18, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Have tested it and it works perfectly on all danish dvb-t channels.

/Nyll

Rasmuzzen

Portal Member
July 26, 2007
Roskilde
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Okay, and you used the cookbook as described in the thread described above, and you are using the build in player for playing recorded tv, not vlc or other players.

Greetings from Roskilde..... Underligt at skrive engelsk med en landsmand:)

Hojou

Portal Pro
January 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
How do i change the player? I think i'm using the built-in but i'd like to change that if possible - also can i use another one to play specific files like, say divx - i'd like to use the official divx player that supports menu structures etc.

Also making subtitles work - is that possible in v2.2 or do i need to run the latest server/client configuration?

Oh tourettes posted that it no longer works in the newest release of TVE 3.0 :(

OleDK

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It still works. I tried SVN 16236 yesterday evening, and there is still subtiltes. What Tourette disabled was teletext subtitle not DVB-T subtiltes.

BTW: It seems to be much more stable after the disabling of teletext subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom