DVB-T channels scanning - Media Portal vs ProgDVB (1 Viewer)

faleloncio

Portal Pro
August 31, 2006
Badajoz
Home Country
Spain Spain
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.2 (2006-07-22)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon - 830MHz
Memory: 639 MB
Motherboard: A7A266-E (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: Lifeview FlyDVB TRIO
TV Card Type: Hybrid (trio)
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Radeon 7000 Series (64 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x768
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

MP doesn't find all TDT channels. :eek: Only detects 6 TV channels, against 20 detected by software "ProgDVB" (even 2 encripted channels).

I select "Spain - Extremadura - Badajoz", that is my real region.

What's the problem of MP on detecting rest of channels? :D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Spain selection does not give you the option to scan ALL frequencies.

Try the Europe (all countries) scan, possibly not scanning the right frequencies, and needs to be updated, especially if there is an offset involved. Post back here if that works, and maybe the dvbt.xml will be updated with new tuning parameters for Spain.

faleloncio

Portal Pro
    August 31, 2006
    Badajoz
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi again

Yes, I forgot :oops: to tell I scanned "All europe frecuencies" too and even most of Spanish regions one by one .... :mad: but I got same results, no new channels was detected :(

Spanish users will be happy if they can find all channels in Media Portal (and me of course).

If I can help in any way, please tell me it.

:D

faleloncio

Portal Pro
    August 31, 2006
    Badajoz
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you, Juandionis, but as the newbie that I'm, :confused: could you explain your answer a lttle more? (I think this will be useful to other people too, I think). I have no idea about which is the name of the XML file you mentioned neither what is the "offset" that you are talking about.

juandionis

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2005
    Ok, sorry. Go to mi pc, c, archivos de programa, team mediaportal, mediaportal, tuningparameters.

you will find an xml file call DVBT.xml rigthclick and edit the file. You will see the tuning parameters for your region and in order to have them working you need to add the offset 167. Because I am not a thecnical guy my suggestion is: go to other region see how the offset is written and do the same for your region but with 167.

SAVE THE FILE

And try again. It should work

Juan

faleloncio

Portal Pro
    August 31, 2006
    Badajoz
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Results of editing dvbt.xml file

First of all, thank you for your explanations.

After editing dvbt.xml, deleting all but spain frequencies, ordering them and removing duplicated frequencies, file result a list of :eek: only 14 frequencies (channels, including radio channels, I presume)!!

The problem then is clear: That file is far to be updated about spanish frequencies (you must remember that ProgDVB detects 31 channels), so , it's neccesary to update that file.

Then, I ask you now ... could be ProgDVB detected frequencies be exported to add them to next dvbt.xml included in MP? I would like to help some way to get MP really "localized".

juandionis

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2005
    If you want to scan all the frecuencies, edit the file, add to "All European Countries" the same bandwith used for Spanish Regions and try it.

I do not know the number of channels in Badajoz, but in Madrid I think we have less than 31. You can check somewhere (internet) the number of TV stations and know what to expect.

regards

juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom