DVB-T dual card conflicts with MP 0.2RC + cvs (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well until you can verify the error message for RC2 without CVS there is not alot we will do on this.

DMAN

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    dman_lfc said:
    Care to test also...?
    I just installed and tested CVS 01-12-2006--01-04 and noticed a couple of issues.... :(

After running "start.bat" and re-booting, I launched MediaPortal and then opened My TV - but got nothing - no sound, no video.

I then launched configuration, and got a message that read "failed to load previously configured capture cards - you need to re-configure your devices". This message popped up twice - I guess it was once for each DVB card?

I deleted the TVdatabase and RadioDatabase files and ran Autotune for my Fusion DVB card. Autotune completed and reported that it found 25 new channels and 4 radio stations, but when I went to assign the channels, only the first 6 (all belonging to the same transport stream) were listed. And, of course, when I tried to watch TV, I could only choose from these first 6 - and they seem to be OK.

For some strange reason, the other 19 channels were not retained?

This is what is in the "error.log"

Code:
    12/01/2006 5:39:50 PM SQL:TVDatabaseV21.db3 cmd:sqlite3_prepare16:pvm=null err:ERROR detailed:no such table: tblPrograms query:drop table tblPrograms
    12/01/2006 5:40:31 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    12/01/2006 5:40:31 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    12/01/2006 5:40:36 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    12/01/2006 5:40:36 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    12/01/2006 5:40:41 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    12/01/2006 5:40:42 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    12/01/2006 5:40:42 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    12/01/2006 5:40:47 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    12/01/2006 5:40:47 PM TVDatabase exception sql: err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.AddChannel(TVChannel channel)
    So, it looks like the TVdatabase was unable to be updated after the first insertion?

Let me know if you want any other log files or test results....

The capture.log file looks fine - all the channels are listed OK.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A further update:-

I copied back my original database files (all the files in "database" folder from my backup) and My TV is working fine now.

I haven't tried to do 2 recordings yet, or watch one channel while recording on another....so I need to test that, too.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Another update:-

Just tried to schedule some recordings, and was unable to - the error.log reports similar TVDatabase errors:-

Code:
    12/01/2006 6:33:29 PM TVDatabase exception err:Unable to cast object of type 'MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVChannel' to type 'CChannelCache'. stack:   at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.GetChannelId(String strChannel)

Looks like I better roll back to CVS 01-08-2006--01-05 ..... :(

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2005
    London, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    HI DMAN
    Will go and try to reinstall RC2 and advise you of the log reports. Just one thing worth pondering on.....I seem to recall when loading a CVS and runnning start.bat that there may have been errors, but as the window automatically closes, I can't be sure. Is there anywhere it can be located or saved so I can let you guys know? In any case that doesn't answer the problem with a clean install of RC2 alone.

When I reinstall RC2 do you want me to delete the MP folder entirely, as windows leaves some folders behind? I deleted all on previous occasions. I only ask as I currently have a copy of 1.3.0 with the compro card working!

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2005
    London, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok here's that I've done!
    Reinstalled MP RC2 from v0.1.3. Whilst initially the card appeared to work in mytv. However, on reloading the app and manually recording a channel/manually stopping then exiting to tvguide, MP stopped the video, only the audio stream. Entering the EPG screen MP crashed and exited.

In terms of autotune and the previous function failures I highlighted, haven't tested as I left the MP folders on PC after removing MP with XP, so some settings were already present, ie. tvguide (no need to retune).

I have disabled my other TV cards until this Compro T300 works correctly.

Here is an extract from the error log...

14/01/2006 10:30:05 exception: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'DShowNET.IVMRMixerBitmap'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{1E673275-0257-40AA-AF20-7C608D4A0428}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). Core at DShowNET.IVMRMixerBitmap.SetAlphaBitmap(VMRAlphaBitmap bitmap)
    at MediaPortal.Player.VMR7Util.SaveBitmap(Bitmap bitmap, Boolean show, Boolean transparent, Single alphaValue)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUIFullScreenTV.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ShowPreviousWindow()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUIFullScreenTV.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
    14/01/2006 10:30:05 MediaPortal stopped due 2 an exception exception occured MediaPortal at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.DispatchThreadMessages()
    at MediaPortalApp.FrameMove()
    at MediaPortal.D3DApp.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at MediaPortalApp.Main()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom