DVD Auto bookmark menu (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

It would be great if MP remember if it has seen particular DVD before and go directly to the main menu when it does. I hate having to watch those stoopid ads at the begining of most DVDs nowdays. Also I can't seem to skip to the next chapter while its playing ads ... which I think just might be a bug.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    skipping during adsor fbi warning is a restriction in the dvd navigator. not a bug.

A

Anonymous

Right, but I was talking about the Ads ... like previews for upcoming DVDs ... which you can skip. I figured out how to skip those now, but it would be cool that after the first time i put the DVD in it just goes to the main menu (or the last place i was at in the dvd). Thats the way MCE and WinDVD work.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just FYI, you can use DVD Region Free to bypass the FBI Warnings / DVD Previews and have it start at the main menu everytime :wink:

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip, but DVD Region Free simply doesn't work with MediaPortal. I also tried it with my DVD DirectShow graph in graphedit and it didn't work there either. I'm guessing it doesn't work with custom DirectShow graphs (which is basically what MP is doing). It works correctly WinDVD so I know i've set it up right. I also cannot connect graphedit to WinDVD which leads me to suspect they aren't using DirectShow.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It does work - coz I use it.
    You have to add MediaPortal.exe to the DVD RegionFree monitoring program settings.
    I live in Region 2 land and can play Region 1 just fine skipping all the FBI rubbish etc etc

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Yes I did that. Which DVD Navigator do you use? I've tried the M$ one and the InterVideo one.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I use the Intervideo Navigator & Codecs from WinDVD 6.
    Using DVD RegionFree v3.22 if it helps.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Yes that did help! It seems the latest version 5.61 has a bug or incompatilbility with MP. I found an older version 3.10 and it works great! Thanks for the help.

PS I also tried 5.58 and 3.39 with no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom