DVD Navigation issue with latest PDVD Patch (1 Viewer)

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
I installed that latest PowerDVD version today (3516) and for some reason it has completely messed up DVD navigation inside MP.
I can navigate fine within MP itself, it's just within the DVD that when I use the select button it goes left then select.

I can confirm that this only happens when using the PowerDVD codec. Using any other and this does not happen.

I am going to uninstall this version and go back to an older build. I am pretty sure this will solve my issue.

Turning on or off DXVA (I forget the right term) in the DVD configuration screen had no effect.

Using Enter on the keyboard had the same problem as hitting select on my remote.

mark

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
To expand on what I have found with my system.
Currently running Vista.
If I use any PowerDVD build of 3304 or greater I have DVD navigation issues within MP using the
PowerDVD Codec. Previous builds or other codecs do not have this problem.

This is an issue because I like the PowerDVD Codec the best and external from MP I use it for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.
I need 3304 or greater to watch the newer Blu-Ray discs.

I am hoping that there is or will be a solution, but as it's not an MP problem as far as I can tell there is probably little this community can do to work on it, but I can hope.

Mark

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Any thoughts on this issue?
I am at a loss and will need to look elsewhere for HTPC software if this can't be resolved as I need to use at least
3104a to watch the latest HD stuff.

Mark

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
I know, but to be honest I haven't been happy with the performance of any of the other codecs.
The closest is Intervideo's, but that has occasional issues.
The Microsoft one and the others don't deinterlace well for me.
I just wish these movie studios would have left well enough alone. Everything was working great until BD+ came out.

Mark

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
No I don't think I have.
Where would I get them as I don't think I have them now, at least they don't show up in the MP config.
Is that the Purevideo application? If so I thought they stopped that and it's only out for XP.
I am probably wrong.

Mark

I found it and tried it, but it was also pretty bad.
I am going to go back to XP and see if this solves my issues.

Mark

It seems all my problems were because of Vista.
Back to XP setup them same and no issues.
I am done with Vista it seems.

Mark

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Most likely those Vista related issues are caused by bad video card drivers. Both ATI / Nvidia drivers still seem to be plagued with bugs on some specific systems. Maybe it's a good idea to try Vista again after some months pass by and drivers get into more mature state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom