DVD playback excellent in WM Player 10, poor in Media Portal (1 Viewer)

hugepickle

October 24, 2005
First, let me say that after using GBPVR for a while, Media Portal is really awsome.

I've been trying to get things set up and am having an issue with DVD playback in Media Portal. I've scanned the forums and found some similar topics but still haven't been able to resolve the problem.

I'm running Media Portal 0.2 RC1 with the latest version of Intervideo WINDVD installed. When I play a DVD in Windows Media Player 10, the playback is high quality. When I play the same one in Media Portal, the playback is pixelated and poor. My DVD settings are:

Audio Renderer: Default directsound device
Audio Codec: Intervideo audio decoder
Video Codec: Intervideo video decoder
DVD Navigator: DVD Navigator
Use AC3 filter: No
DVD Player: Overlay
Default Zoom Mode: Normal
Enable FFD post show processing: No.

Resolution: 1024 x 768
Color depth: 16 bit (when I try 24 and 32 bit color depths, whenever I start Media I get the initial splash screen but then it goes away and I still see the windows desktop, even though mediaportal.exe is still running).

Thanks in advance for your help!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

if you use InterVideo us everything from InterVideo:
    Navigator: InterVideo DVD Navigator

You haven't posted your systems specs, but normaly VMR9 works much better than overlay. (See support template, at least graphiccard and CPU would have been fine :))

Try theses settings:
    Audio Codec: MPEG2Dec
    Video Codec: MP2/AC3/...
    DVD Navigator: DVD Navigator
    Deinterlacing: Best

Try setting 800x600.

HTH, Flip.

Roger

Portal Member
    October 2, 2005
    Hi!..

I had that same problem and that was solved by using 32bit colourresoultion.
    I think that Windows Mediaplayer regardless of your desktop setting always use 32bit..

-Roger-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom