DVD playback excellent in WM Player 10, poor in Media Portal

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by hugepickle, October 24, 2005.

1. hugepickle

hugepickle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First, let me say that after using GBPVR for a while, Media Portal is really awsome.

I've been trying to get things set up and am having an issue with DVD playback in Media Portal. I've scanned the forums and found some similar topics but still haven't been able to resolve the problem.

I'm running Media Portal 0.2 RC1 with the latest version of Intervideo WINDVD installed. When I play a DVD in Windows Media Player 10, the playback is high quality. When I play the same one in Media Portal, the playback is pixelated and poor. My DVD settings are:

Audio Renderer: Default directsound device
    Audio Codec: Intervideo audio decoder
    Video Codec: Intervideo video decoder
    DVD Navigator: DVD Navigator
    Use AC3 filter: No
    DVD Player: Overlay
    Default Zoom Mode: Normal
    Enable FFD post show processing: No.

Resolution: 1024 x 768
    Color depth: 16 bit (when I try 24 and 32 bit color depths, whenever I start Media I get the initial splash screen but then it goes away and I still see the windows desktop, even though mediaportal.exe is still running).

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FlipGer
    • Premium Supporter

FlipGer Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

if you use InterVideo us everything from InterVideo:
    Navigator: InterVideo DVD Navigator

You haven't posted your systems specs, but normaly VMR9 works much better than overlay. (See support template, at least graphiccard and CPU would have been fine :))

Try theses settings:
    Audio Codec: MPEG2Dec
    Video Codec: MP2/AC3/...
    DVD Navigator: DVD Navigator
    Deinterlacing: Best

Try setting 800x600.

HTH, Flip.

4. Roger

Roger Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi!..

I had that same problem and that was solved by using 32bit colourresoultion.
    I think that Windows Mediaplayer regardless of your desktop setting always use 32bit..

-Roger-

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!