DVD Player Error "Insert Disc" (1 Viewer)

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TV-Server Version: n/a
    MediaPortal Version: 1.02
    MediaPortal Skin: BleazleWide 1,1.0
    Windows Version: Win XP Pro SP 3
    CPU Type: Intel Q9650 @ 2.83 GHz (stock)
    HDD: 1x320GB WD (OS), 2x500GB WD (Video), 1x1TB SGT (Video)
    Memory: 4GB DDR2 800
    Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
    Video Card: eVGA 9600GT
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Realtek HD (integrated)
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: POWER DVD 9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: POWER DVD 9
    h.264 Video Codec: n/a
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: n/a
    HTPC Case: Generic Full Tower
    Cooling: 2x120mm (case), Tuniq Ultra 120 (CPU)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 610W
    Remote: Firefly Mini
    TV: Westinghouse 47"
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I have recently installed MP 1.0.2, having switched from BeyondMedia. I am having a problem playing DVDs. MP does not seem to sense that the DVD is all ready in the drive, as it always gives the message "My Video. Insert Disc".

However, if Autoplay is enabled in Windows and MP, then I *can* play the video by clicking yes when prompted by MP if I would like to play the inserted disc.

Also, other DVD player software on the machine, including WMP and PowerDVD9 recognize and play DVDs just fine. I have tried three different DVDs. I have verified the DVDs play on other machines (including a MP test install on my office PC).

I have tried several DVD codec options in MP for navigation, video and sound to no avail. Likewise for checking the DxVA and AC3 Filter boxes in configuration.

I have also tried the option for using an external DVD player (Power DVD 9) in MP configuration, but I get the same "My Video. Insert Disc" error message and Power DVD is therefore not ever launched.

Finally, I have also experienced the DVD navigation problem whereby the cursor seems to jump to one of the middle episode selections and won't let me choose any other episode. I've got a feeling I can get this part worked out with different codecs, but I mention it here in case it is relevant to the main problem.

MP is quite awesome and I am very grateful for all the hard work the developers have put into it. My wife is impressed with it :)

Any help getting this problem resolved would be greatly appreciated.

John Vaughn

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think I have found the problem.

As soon as I checked the box "Automatically Add Optical Disk Drives" in the Videos / Video Folders section of MP Config, everything started working normally.

Even the weird navigation issue disappeared.

I must have unchecked that box when fiddling with config options for some reason.

:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom