DVD related feature request/help? (1 Viewer)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
I've noticed 3 things lately now that I've been using Media Portal more and more, and was hoping to get some feedback on the following points:

1. IMDB lookup. Is there anyway to add a don't look up/download cover art option to the configuration? As I have had all my movies on hard drive already, I have already got cover art in each folder & get annoyed at having my coverart replaced with the IMDB ones - especially as they are often not the right cover, or the correct cover is not selectable.

2. Is there anyway from any of the views i.e. Icon or list, that you can view the IDMB information without having to redownload it all or start the movie playing? Ideally I would like to select a movie, view the IDMB info & then start playing the movie - rather than just playing the movie straight away.

3. Could a Random selection button be added to myvideos? I have a large movie database, and quite often I sit there trying to pick a film to watch. I think it would be nice to be able to press a button & a random film start playing.

Cheers all.

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
Can no one comment on these 3 points? :(

Can I these changes be made by me even?? Really is annoying that I have to watch a movie just to view its IDMB info.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry. Sometimes threads just get down, not seen.

1) Yeah, the coverart lookup could be better. I also have sometimes worse results (mostly because MP only looks in english amazon and not eg. german). Since the team is currently doing bughunting, this might take a while.

2) Its not neccessary to download the info again and again. Simply hit F3 / Yellow-Button to see the downloaded infos.

3) Dunno. Does not make sense in my eyes. ;) But maybe there is a programer who wants that too. :)
    Do not know for sure, but perhaps it is possible with the playlist? You can add movies to a playlist and switch to that view. Perhaps there is a random button...

HTH, Flip.

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    FlipGer said:
    Hi,

1) Yeah, the coverart lookup could be better. I also have sometimes worse results (mostly because MP only looks in english amazon and not eg. german). Since the team is currently doing bughunting, this might take a while.

The lookup aspect I personally have no problem with, but the coverart is very very annoying! Does anyone know how you could disable cover art lookup? I don't mind manually deleting the code for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom