Skin: mce
Windows Version: xp sp1
CPU Type: 3200+
Memory: 1gb
Motherboard Chipset: via
Video Card: gf 5200
Video Card Resolution: 1600-1200
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: dec2 thingy :)
Audio Codec Type & Version: audio codec you used for testing
TV Card: 150mce
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: lastest

The size of the subtitles when playing DVD's are too small. How can i up the size?

I tried enabling use ffdshow for DVD's, but that does not show the ffdshow icon in the tray. Also, I tried changing the font size in ffdshow's subtitles section anyway, which made no difference. 'normal' movies (read files) with subtitles files go fine with vobsub, and my settings from vobsub are used.

How can I change the font size of subtitles when playing back a DVD? Is there a xml file somewhere that has the setting? Subtitles are unreadable small here now :(

Asmo

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Pwetttyyy pwweeaassseee???

/me drops down on his knees begging

Argh I cant believe there is no solution for this. I have been digging through all xml files, been over the configuration panel a dozen times, been through ffdshow and vobsub, nothing helps...

Asmo

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Hmm, if that is so, I dont understand how I have been able to transfer subtitles into .srt files (text files) before. Unless the program is using some OCR?

I sure hope not. Only way we watch DVD's now is to turn off subtitles altogheter as they are a PITA to read ... On some type of DVD's thats not really handy though (for example some scientific DVD's where the English is a bit too confusing for me).

chili

Portal Pro
September 20, 2004
somewhere in the bowels of Texas
tourettes said:
Aren't those DVD subtitles actually bitmaps in the DVD?

No.

There is a section in MediaPortal.xml that has this:

<section name="subtitles">
<entry name="enabled">no</entry>
<entry name="shadow">5</entry>
<entry name="language">English</entry>
<entry name="fontface">Arial</entry>
<entry name="color">ffffff</entry>
<entry name="bold">yes</entry>
<entry name="fontsize">18</entry>
</section>

I'm not at home right now so I can't test a change.. but maybe you can try it, or maybe someone else can chime in.

Asmo

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Hmm, that is what is being set over the configuration panel if I am not mistaken. This is set to 24 pixels right now, but it did not made any difference for me ...

Maybe it is somehow tied to the DVD, I dunno ...

Asmo

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Hi Chili,

Just tried out both your suggestions, unfortunally no change. If these things work for you guys, then I begin to suspect some very specific reason why it might not work for me ...

Now just to find out what that might be then ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom