DVD upscaling ffdshow (1 Viewer)

paolo

March 10, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
hi,

i-m trying to make DVD upscaling using ffdshow.

i`m configured in the section DVD, under Postprocessing the `ffdshow raw filter`

in the section of DVD Codec for the video i can select only beetween `ATI MPG decoder` `ATI MPG splitter decoder` and `MPC MPG2 decoder`, i have selected MPC

in ffdshow in the raw filter i have put `all supported`, and also i have enabled OSD to check if the filter is operating

i start MP in window mode (not fulscreen), i play a DVD (no OSD on DVD played), i start also graph edit to check the filter configuration, and the problem is the no data are performed by the ffdshow raw filter, that is alone! Data are processed by MPC and then VRM9 as render.

The strange behvior is if i change in MP the DVD video codec to `ATI MPG` when i check the configuration with graphedit there is alway MPC as a decoder! Why ?
How can i insert ffdshow raw filter in chains beetween MPC and VRM9 ?

thank you very much
best regards
paolo

eXDee

Portal Pro
February 20, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
It sounds like you havent got FFDShow loaded properly. When you look at the DVD Codecs FFDShow Video Decoder should be an option - PostProcessing isnt required at all.

Download the latest SVN build of it, and try selecting it as the DVD Video codec.
Then set your upscaling options in the ffdshow config.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Check that MP isn't blocked in FFDshow config -> Direct Show control -> 'Use ffdshow only in' section.

It won't appear in the MP DVD codec choices unless you have the MPEG2 codec enabled.

Try adding 'FFDshow Video Decoder' instead of 'ffdshow raw filter' in DVD post processing.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom