DVD, videos, pictures on second display (projector) ? (1 Viewer)

Czar63

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
Padova, Italy
My HTPC is connected to the Tv using the SVHS output of the primary display card, and to a projector with the Vga output of the secondary display card.
I'd like to be able to choose the output of video (especially DVDs) between Tv and projector (technically speaking, between first and second display) keeping the Mediaportal home page on the TVset.

Question: are the internal video and picture players able to send output to a second display?
If yes wich are the startup switches?

I'm not a programmer so the only way I see to implement this feature is to duplicate the My videos and My pictures buttons.
The first button could be left for TV, the duplicated one could be programmed for the alternative output.
I know I've been confusing, but I think these feature would be appreciated by many people.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Question: are the internal video and picture players able to send output to a second display?
    If yes wich are the startup switches?
    No its not possible yet todo this
    we can add it to the todo list, but i warn you that this isnt our biggest priority

Czar63

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Padova, Italy
    And what about the duplication of buttons (like the homepage of myhtpc :) ) ?
    That would allow us to program them with different behaviours.
    I mean that if I found an external player with redirection capabilities (I think Zoom Player is one of these) I could program the second button to play DVD to second display, keeping the first for DVD on first.
    I assume that this means let the user reconfigure the main page itself.

Or maybe the activation of either My Programs or My Files would help?
    Bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom