[solved] DVD won't play properly. (1 Viewer)

Entdecker

Portal Pro
May 28, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello joecrow,
thank you for your feedback.

Because I have try whis my old MediaCenter I will try in the next weeks some of my DVD whis my new Media Center maybe a other DVD drive will work better.

For my test 2019 whis my old Media Center a frend of maine and I used LG drives. This year I have 3 Bluray that not run on this BD drive. Maybe I have a hardware problem :-/

Is your BD drive with many DVD also very loud when the BD drive reading a DVD. I always had the feeling that PowerDVD's is quieter and reads faster DVD then MediaPortal?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is your BD drive with many DVD also very loud when the BD drive reading a DVD. I always had the feeling that PowerDVD's is quieter and reads faster DVD then MediaPortal?

Hi Entdecker
    I also have an LG BD drive (HLDT-ST) and yes is is also loud, both seeking and sometimes from I think when the motor is revved up and can stay on loud high speed for a while, with both DVDs and BDs. In contrast the Pioneer one on me desktop is almost noiseless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I found this post by accident. I think your issue has nothing to do with HTPC projects and Hardware, so is in the wrong thread. Also you do not mention, if it's related to MP1 or MP2, so nobody can really help. Please move your post to a related problem thread and provide more information.
    I found this post by accident. I think your issue has nothing to do with HTPC projects and Hardware, so is in the wrong thread...
    I have had no issues with this, but today when trying to watch a tv stream on either of my two clients I get the error ‘There is no...
    Replies
    Views
    Solved!! After testing the procedure on the old machine I uninstalled the LAV filters before re-installing MediaPortal and that did the trick! Thanks all for your help with this.
    Solved!! After testing the procedure on the old machine I uninstalled the LAV filters before re-installing MediaPortal and that did...
    I recently installed MediaPortal 2.4 on a new computer and copied several TV shows from the previous one to an external drive...
    Replies
    Views
    "Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't show the songs advancing through the list. i.e. the currently playing song doesn't match the name of the on screen song. MP still plays the playlist ok but the screen just stops showing the correct song...
    "Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
    "Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
    Replies
    Views
    Solved: In my case, it was indeed a codec issue. In LAV configuration, I had to select "DXVA (native)", then DVD playback including menus work fine. Sorry for having caused trouble, and thanks a lot for the support!
    Solved: In my case, it was indeed a codec issue. In LAV configuration, I had to select "DXVA (native)", then DVD playback including...
    Hi community, I am further testing out MP2, and there are three questions I have: 1. When importing my local video folder with...
    Replies
    Views
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom