DVDprofiler/My DVDs - how to point to DVD files? (1 Viewer)

tfd

Portal Member
March 29, 2006
Hi, just tried DVD profiler to prepare for importing in My DVDs. The import works fine but I noticed I can't use the Play DVD buttin in the plugin. Looked all over the place in DVD Profiler where I could add the actual location for a dvd (all my dvd's are stored in their original file structures on a central server).

Is there a description of the elements that can be added for a collection.xml file especially regarding tags like "file location" and/or "images"

Please advise

TFD

Crim

Portal Member
April 13, 2006
Go under "DVD" and then select "Personalize." Once that window pops up click on the "Discs" tab right next to the "Notes" tab. You'll find the location box there.

tfd

Portal Member
March 29, 2006
can't enter ....

that section is visible but not available for entry ....

is that a feature only for "registered" read "paying" users?

tfd

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: can't enter ....

tfd said:
    that section is visible but not available for entry ....

is that a feature only for "registered" read "paying" users?

tfd

This is available for free or premimum registered users. "registered" does not mean paying.

Mike

apno01

April 27, 2006
    Crim said:
    Go under "DVD" and then select "Personalize." Once that window pops up click on the "Discs" tab right next to the "Notes" tab. You'll find the location box there.

I got all my DVD's on HDD, how to I point to the folders containig the files. Can i use UNC path or do I need to map a shared folder and point to each directory for each movie?

I haven't been able to test anything yet since I'm struggeling with the import from DVD Profiler, but if I need to do all the movies manually I got a really BIG job ahead of me so I might as well start while I waitng for a fix :p

Thanks in advance :)

Crim

Portal Member
    April 13, 2006
    Well you can map it the location using the total path name I think but I've also had success (under Xlobby, haven't tried it in MP yet) just storing the ripped DVDs in a folder named exactly like the DVD (for example if the DVD drive list 'FIREFLY" I would title the ripped folder "Firefly) and Xlobby (which has the ripped DVD directory inputed into it's database) would then make the connection that the DVD Profiler database listing for Firefly should point to the ripped version on the harddrive since it's named the same.

I haven't tried it in MP yet so I'm not sure if it works that way too.

apno01

April 27, 2006
    I can't get this stuff to work. I have tried to add a UNC path and Mapped directly to a folder in the location box but when I try to play the DVD a popup appears and asks me to insert disk "214". What am I doing wrong is there a setting somewhere I haven't seen?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom