DVD's in my series without converting (1 Viewer)

Cybionstar

Portal Member
July 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

well I got all Friends- and Scrubs-DVD's and want to add them in MP.

This is what I want:

I do not want to rip all my dvd's..would take days...how can I achieve that i got all the series/episodes without ripping my dvds on hard drive ?

So I dunno maybe if i click on an episode it says: plz insert dvd..or something like that...

anyone an idea?

thx in advance
regards

sergiocos

Portal Pro
March 31, 2009
Targoviste
Home Country
Romania Romania
that would be nice, but I think there is a problem when it comes to dvd structure, sometimes ALL the video/audio/subtitles data are in the same .vob file. I'm pretty sure you cannot launch a single episode from your dvd (that can only be done from DVD menu). I will look into it tonight, because I want to see again Scrubs, and I cannot return to a dvd player, I'm an MP addict now. The only 'workaround' that I can think of is to use some dummy files, named them as they are ALL the Scrubs episodes, and after that point each episode from the MyTVSeries to the meniu of the DVD... but might be an easier way, too. I'll get back!

Cybionstar

Portal Member
July 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi first..thx for your input

well dummy files are not an bad Idea...
so what types do that have to be? just *txt files nameing them after each episode? so I get the data, covers, backdrops etc. to each episode.

then i insert the dvd and it automatic plays it...i don't care if it starts the normal dvd menu..

All i want is that I have all the datas, covers etc in my My mpseries. And I think the dummy files are a good solution.

but just another question...if i insert a dvd....does mp automatically play it? or do i need a special plugin for that? so far i have....my trailers, my series, moveing pictures.

sergiocos

Portal Pro
March 31, 2009
Targoviste
Home Country
Romania Romania
i think the best solution is this covered here. but you may try to rename a text file (test.txt) to Scrubs.s01.E01.avi to get the info from tvdb.com then go to MyTVSeries configuration, this particular ep, and change the path of the file from c:/Movies/Series/Scrubs/Scrubs.s01.E01.avi to X:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.ifo (where x is your cd-rom letter) but i think that when you don't have the cd inserted, the Series won't appear in you Series list, because it' not present (removable media). The solution in the links above requiers ripping in your hard drive from dvd to individual folders for each ep. (rip each ep in their coresponding folder, not converting, you may keep the dvd structure, also the meniu, or you may keep only the ep you need) but requier also knowledge of dvd structure (vobblanker can do that easily)

Cybionstar

Portal Member
July 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
sergiocos thx for your quick reply.

i think i will just nameing a text file after eahc episode and thats it...so i get all the datas and covers

if i want to play it i just insert the dvd....and that's it.

better then ripping all the dvd's...i would quite loose some time of my life :)

many thx..hey if you are still there can you help me with another prob :)

i got mp my series and moving pictures.

the text (plot of the movie/series) is running too fast for me

1. How can I change the speed ?

2. Can I scroll the text somehow, scroll up/down, pause ?

3. Can I make the text window any bigger..it's only the standard 5 or 6 lines from the bottom ?

thx in advance

sergiocos

Portal Pro
March 31, 2009
Targoviste
Home Country
Romania Romania
1. try setting globally for all vertically scrolling text.

Start MediaPortal
Go to Settings->Screen settings->Scroll speed

2. This is plugin-related. I don't remember reading about this feature, my guess it's that somthing like that it's not coded. (it would be nice)
3. This is skin-related. Again it's something that implies to modify different variables in the .xml(s) of moving pictures or my tv series. I'm sure if you post in the right section, the creators of the skin or plugin will tell you if it's simple or a hard job to do. ;)

Cybionstar

Portal Member
July 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
thx appreciate your time and effort. you've been a great help

the dummy files don't work....created a txt file named it to...S01E01.avi edited it to a *avi file...put it in a new folder "friends".....but mp shows it red and so i have to import it manually....i won't do this...takes hours.

any other advices ?

sergiocos

Portal Pro
March 31, 2009
Targoviste
Home Country
Romania Romania
Yes it's red because it's not parsed correctly (MP see that this isn't really a media file). My next advice was that you assign that episode to the real media file, the VIDEO_TS.ifo from the DVD, but I found out that this field isn't editable, like the description, so you can't 'borrow' data from one file and point to another. The only thing remaining is the one suggested in the thread I showed you earlier, witch teach you how to manipulate .iso files with tv-series. I hope in the future the support for dvd series will be improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom