Dvico Dual Digital 4 - Can't access TV Channels (1 Viewer)

Cabbery

Portal Member
October 26, 2009
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal 1.1 Beta 1
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP-0.9.601.exe
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU Type: AMD Athlonx4 630 2.8ghz
HDD: 2x 2TB Hitachi Drives
Memory: 4GB DDR1333 RAM
Video Card: Onboard ATI 4200

1. TV Card: Dvico FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 rev2
1. TV Card Type: PCI
1. TV Card Driver: FusionHDTV 3.81

Hi guys

I am currently having an issue with the TV portion of MediaPortal with my TV Tuner.

I do the following.

• Open MediaPortal
  • Browse to MyTV
  • Click TV On

This is the point where MP becomes unresponsive, it doesn't even attempt to start viewing the channel so I don't believe it is a codec issue - it just sits on the My TV main screen. I can usually recover MP without ctrl-alt-del if I mouse over 'TV On' and turn it off.

The same thing happens if i try select a channel from the list and try to watch it. Except this time MP freezes but cannot be recovered and must be closed via the task manager.

My housemate who is a big MediaPortal fan can't figure out why this is happening.

After doing a bit of reading, it would seem that this Brand of TV Tuner has quite poor support when it comes to Windows 7, so I ask the following;
Does anyone have MediaPortal working with Dvico FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 rev2 on Windows 7

My housemate who is a big MediaPortal fan can't figure out why this is happening.

I've attached log files to help narrow down why this might be occuring.

Any help would me MUCH apprecited, as i'm about ready to throw this card out the window and find something that will actually play nice with Windows 7 and MediaPortal.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Adam

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes I have that card and I too am experiencing several issues with MP freezing unable to tune a channels etc etc. Has anybody found a fix for these issues since the original message was posted above.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom