[DXVA] VC1, Radeon HD 6310 and Microsoft Codec (1 Viewer)

xadox

Portal Pro
August 18, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a Radeon HD 6310 and I am using the Microsoft internal VC1 Codec.
Does the Codec support DXVA with the Radeon HD 6310.

Somehow my VC1 MKV files are not using DXVA.

--
MediaPortal Version
: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: default wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 Pro
CPU Type: AMD E-350
HDD: OCZ Agility 2 (40GB)
Memory: 4GB (DDR3 1066)
Motherboard: ASrock E350M1
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD6310
Video Card Driver: 11.3
Sound Card: SPDIF
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft
MPEG2 Audio Codec: SPDIF
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft
Remote: RC6

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [DXVA] VC1, Radeon HD 6310 and Microsoft Codec

Hello.
    I have a HD 5450 so I don't exactly know if this work with HD6310 also...
    I have to adjust the DXVA Mode manually in CCC to VA Deinterlacing if I use MS Codecs. If I do so the MS Codecs are working with DXVA.

Ahh, and update the Drivers to 11.4. the 11.3 dii not work well on my system...

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The Microsoft VC-1 decoder doesn't support dxva. There are a few that do such as the MPC codecs or ffdshow dxva decoder. Only the codecs from commercial players (cyberlink/arcsoft) support interlaced content using dxva.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [DXVA] VC1, Radeon HD 6310 and Microsoft Codec

Thx miroslav22 I already thought so. I will trie the MPC decoder again.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a E-350 too. It's not really related to this thread, but it may help somebody.

It was quite a task to get dxva working properly with MediaPortal. In MPC-HC, dxva worked out of the box, but not for all mkv's. I prefer CoreAVC as h264 decoder (don't know why), but some mkv's didn't use dxva in MediaPortal. Since the E-350 only uses a dual core 1,6 hGz cpu, I had stuttering video playback. Using ffdshow dxva, only the mkv's that didn't work with dxva before now played. The others didn't work anymore. Now I have a combination of CoreAVC as main codec, and it falls back to ffdshow dxva.

I use ffdshow for DTS-MA / Dolby TruHD passthrough. Works like a charm.

My previous HTPC was 2,5 gHz intel with an intel GMA3100 (none dxva compliant). It felt a bit snappier in the menu's, scrolling through movies/series/music/etc. It had a noisy fan though, and it didn't bitstream HD audio. This one, a foxconn NT-A3500, is almost completely silent. I can't hear the fan (yet) from the couch. So far for my mini-review :D

p750mmx

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Raytestrak,

what codecs do you use now with your E-350 and do you have subtitles enabled? If Yes, what is enabled as default under video for displaying subtitles?
    Did you use SAF (5.xx or 6xx) or maybe used another codec-pack to get things going?
    How does your MediaPortal codec setup looks?

With my Foxconn A3500 most MKV's are playing well but some 1080P movies have a stutter. Those stutter movies are playing stutter-free under XBMC but that is not the Media-software I want to use.
    I have the stutter issues with SAF 5.xx and 6.xx, DXVA is enabled. CoreAVC runs well but then I have a problem when subtitles are enabled. Auto refresh-rate is enabled and my TV can display 24p/50/60 and is full-HD capable. Connection to receiver is HDMI, receiver can process and deliver HD-audio.

Can you give me (and other AMD Fusion owners) some useful hints about setting such a system up under Windows 7 (32b/64b) when using MediaPortal as default Media software.

Any help is appreciated.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't like codec packs, so I only have coreavc and ffdshow tryouts installed. I use coreavc for h264 decoding and ffdshow for audio decoding (in mediaportal config). ffdhow video configuration (both the normal and the dxva decoder) is set to normal preference, audio is left at default. In ffdshow dxva decoder settings, I have enabled hardware acceleration for VC1 and h264. In audio decoder settings, all passthrough options are turned on (in output). It may be possible that you can turn off the normal ffdshow video decoder, but I haven't tested this. Core Avc is set as prefered decoder. Everything works fine, except DTS-MA in .m2ts files. I believe this is caused by Haali Media splitter (installed optionally by CoreAVC). The Gabest / MPC-HC mpeg splitter can play DTS-MA flawlessly (I've tested this only with MediaPlayer Classic Home Cinema edition). Subtitles are enabled in mediaportal config.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    @p750mmx:
    About stuttering - Did you try to play your video in Graphstudio (to eliminate player problem)? START - SAF - Tools - Graphstudio. Drag and drop your video here and hit play.

p750mmx

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Hoborg, I did that several times and with different codec-setups and everything seems to be well installed. That is also with SAF 5.xx and 6.xx. But maybe the problem sits in some MKV files that I have and that is what I'm trying to establish by trying different codecs. I have as example a MKV, Drive Angry, 1080p with a DTS-HD audio stream, 13Gb big, and that is one of the few files that gives a (major) stutter. That is my reference with testing. I stream everything over a network so I'm gonna test that file local tonight to rule out my network (it should be fine though, the minimum downstream speed is +20Mbyte). That same file play very well under XBMC (for Windows) on the same hardware but that software plays DTS-HD as DTS so I don't no for sure if the problem is created by the audio-stream or not. I see some differences when I try different codec-setups but until this moment no setup give me a stutter-free Drive Angry.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello Hoborg, I did that several times and with different codec-setups and everything seems to be well installed. That is also with SAF 5.xx and 6.xx. But maybe the problem sits in some MKV files that I have and that is what I'm trying to establish by trying different codecs. I have as example a MKV, Drive Angry, 1080p with a DTS-HD audio stream, 13Gb big, and that is one of the few files that gives a (major) stutter. That is my reference with testing. I stream everything over a network so I'm gonna test that file local tonight to rule out my network (it should be fine though, the minimum downstream speed is +20Mbyte). That same file play very well under XBMC (for Windows) on the same hardware but that software plays DTS-HD as DTS so I don't no for sure if the problem is created by the audio-stream or not. I see some differences when I try different codec-setups but until this moment no setup give me a stutter-free Drive Angry.

Are you using audio passthrough?
    Do you have unlocked latest SAF6?
    It will be good if you can cut small part in MKV Merge and try to play it from local disc. If stil stutter, can you share this small part, so i can try it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom