Easiest way to convert MCE "My Movies" database to MP? (1 Viewer)

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have finally saw the light and Im going to dump MCE and use MP. One question I have is what's the easiest way to convert my MCE "My Movies" database over to MP? I have about 300 titles and want to do the least amount of manual data input if I can.

BTW, great application...loving it

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have finally saw the light and Im going to dump MCE and use MP. One question I have is what's the easiest way to convert my MCE "My Movies" database over to MP? I have about 300 titles and want to do the least amount of manual data input if I can.

BTW, great application...loving it
    good question...... sadly i do not know "if" thats possible..... at least not out of the box afaik.

maybe someone made a converter..... :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Movies" database over to MP

Use MP setup\movies\movie database\scan and select your movie folder\s and walk away, hopefully about 2 hrs later you should have a updated db, you may have to manually correct a few, out of my 200+ movies did 14 manually.

Good luck

PierreLo

Portal Pro
    September 7, 2004
    France
    Hi,

I am in the same situation.
    Here is what I did, using Ant Movie Catalog as an intermediary step.
    (If you don't know Ant Movie Catalog, it is DVD Profiler like)

1. In Ant movie catalog, use the import function to open your mymovies mdb file (my movies database)
    2. Ant movie will ask you to match fields in your database to its own fields (like title, disc #id, director, description, ...)
    3. Once you have done this, a new collection will be created in Ant Movie catalog with all your details.
    4. You can then export it to XML
    5. Use the My Films plugin then to import this XML to Mediaportal

As I'm not home right now, I can't check that this information is 100% correct, but it should be close to the real steps. Just experiment a bit to match all your MyMovies mdb fields to Ant Movie (some mymovies fields are -1, 0, 1 mysterious values)

As for the cover art, I'm afraid you will have to assign them by hand.

If you have a large collection, this is worth it (I have about 1000 references, I didn't feel like copying-pasting for momths to bring it to MP). For a more modest collection, iI'm not sure you will gain a lot of time compared to direct copy/paste in MP db editor.

Hoping this helps

PierreLo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom