EasyMote plug-in (1 Viewer)

Easymote

March 16, 2012
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
EasyMote is a plug-in to be used with the EasyMote smartphone app currently running on Android and Windows Mobile 6.x. EasyMote was originally made for Windows Media Center, but the MediaPortal plugin has been around for a while, and finally now as an “official” MediaPortal plug-in.

EasyMote is made to be used when you are in your house but not in front of your TV. That’s why EasyMote is mainly good at controlling audio playback (Music and radio).

You can:
· Start play back of an album
· Start random playback from your music collection
· Start listening to radio (streamed or from tuner card)
· Control multiple MediaPortal PCs in your house
· See and jump in actual playlist.
· Control playback (Pause, stop, skip etc.)
· Control volume

To use this plug-in you need EasyMote to be installed on your phone. The Windows Phone 6.x version can be downloaded from www.easymote.com and the Android version from Google Play.

In case you need help, you can find a FAQ at www.easymote.com.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Tried it on android but I can't press any buttons (even though it seems connected and after a while shows the currently playing item).

I'm getting this exception in the mp logs:

2012-04-05 17:39:39.590648 [Info.][(46)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2012-04-05 17:39:39.591648 [Info.][(46)]: Exception :confused:ystem.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\DieBagger\Documents\My Playlists' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at Plugin.Class1.m_Remote_GetPlaylists()
    at EasyMoteServer.Remote.HandleCommand(StateObject so)
    at EasyMoteServer.Remote.OnRecieve(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    2012-04-05 17:39:39.592648 [Info.][(46)]: Exception :Access to the path 'C:\Users\DieBagger\Documents\My Playlists' is denied.
    2012-04-05 17:39:39.592648 [Info.][(46)]: site :Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
    2012-04-05 17:39:39.593648 [Info.][(46)]: source :mscorlib
    2012-04-05 17:39:39.593648 [Info.][(46)]: stacktrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

And fyi in the popup you wrote "trail version" instead of "trial version".

Easymote

March 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks a lot DieBagger for your comment.
    The crash should now have been fixed in a new version of the plugin (v. 1.4.0.0).
    I hope the crash was the reason for the inactive buttons. If you still experience that you can't press any buttons, then please let me know again.

The spellining error will be fixed in a soon to be relased version of the Android app

logifuse

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Wow! Works really well. Only issue I'm seeing is that I have an album that appears twice in Easymote. I deleted the MP database & rescanned & it appears correctly in MP itself (as 1 album). Actually, was just a tagging issue.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello @Easymote
    i use your remote app, but i can't really use it for music,
    i play music only by folder, not using the DB, on your app i can see my shared folder set in MP, entrer inside, i can see also folder, but this folder are empty, none music files are present.

can you create an long push function, because when i want play an complete folder, only use long press function, with an menu who display "Play the folder"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom