Ebay! Again (1 Viewer)

ms2005

Portal Member
August 20, 2005
Ok, so was looking for a new TV card seems i have just moved to Germany and whilst searching came across Windows XP Media Prtal Edition 2005 ... AGAIN

Anyway took please in contacting purchasers and informing them. Do these jerks never learn.

I think you should copyright, if not done so already, at least the name. That way at least these people get some comupence(SP??)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    ms2005 said:
    Ok, so was looking for a new TV card seems i have just moved to Germany and whilst searching came across Windows XP Media Prtal Edition 2005 ... AGAIN

Anyway took please in contacting purchasers and informing them. Do these jerks never learn.

I think you should copyright, if not done so already, at least the name. That way at least these people get some comupence(SP??)

Registering Media Portal as a trademark at some point is probably a good
    idea. I am not sure what all is covered under the open source licensing though.

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    the sellers are actually beginning to increase. besides cytechnet, there are at least four other merchants offering "windows xp media portal edition 2005".

Somebody who has sold something on ebay would know this...but would it be possible to list a product with the words "windows xp media portal edition 2005" and "free" in the title. List the cost at a penny or something, free shipping. Then in the description would go on to say the software is free and open source and provide a link to the media portal site. Then go on to say not to waste your time and money on the scam artists trying to sell it.

ms2005

Portal Member
    August 20, 2005
    i did think about it but it costs to list on ebay, so you would in fact be spending money in order to save others.

The way i see it is its most irritating people try to make money out of this, these guys work really hard to bring such a top product, MS would never dream of giving MCE away free but yet MP is really something to rival it.

I spent weeks looking for an alternative to MCE after i brought a laptop and found MCE would not run, i was fully prepared to pay, trying Meedio etc, i was lucky to stumble across MP, which i generally believe is better than MCE, im not necessarily in for saving those lazy people money but i am in for stopping these jerks profiting, and quiet substantially.

No 1 ebay rule, GOOGLE THE ITEM FIRST

pieroxy

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2005
    Paris, France
    ms2005 said:
    im not necessarily in for saving those lazy people money but i am in for stopping these jerks profiting, and quiet substantially.
    Well, I guess Red Hat is a bunch of jerks then, cause your definition fits. They make money out of other people's work, reselling Linux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom