Edit Master Genre List (1 Viewer)

aes

Portal Member
July 4, 2007
Is it possible for me to delete all the different genres that i dont want Ie all other country ratings?? so that i dont have to do delete manualy on every movie, unfortunately everytime I IMDB a movie it downloads loads more genres then the ones I want, to keep the list tidy you can see an example below of what I think there should be, Many thanks

Action
Adventure
Animation
Biography
Comedy
Crime
Documentary
Drama
Family
Fantasy
Film-Noir
History
Horror
Independent
Music
Musical
Mystery
Romance
Sci-Fi
Short
Sport
Thriller
TV mini-series
War
Western

Draco

December 13, 2007
My Sugestión about retrieve data movies genres

Hi, I'm a spanish user (FIlmAffinity IMDB) and I have the same problem with genres. My sugestión to the team mediaportal is the next: When retrieve the genres IMDB data, MP shall be process the genres line into separate genres: One film shall be have varios genres.

Another sugestión is apply the same change

Sorry by my english and lot of thanks

FluXulF

October 7, 2008
... and a few new suggestions

I would also very much like a feature to delete "wrong" genres. How about a simple context-menu option (F9) for genres with the ability to delete or rename them?

E.g. I've got a "weird" genre and so I "IMDb'ed" the two movies in the genre again and got two new and different genres for the movies, but the genre is still in the list with those two movies still in it :(

Suggestions for (a little) more movie info:

• It would also be very nice if IMDb could pull down the language of a movie and have a possibility to sort/view by language.
  • And since the director info is already "probed" why not be able to sort/view by that as well instead of only the "actors" category?!
  • And how about the writers as well? ;)

Further it might just be me doing something wrong but when I select a specific image/poster, from the often large list of available images, MP doesn't seem to remember the specific image as the "icon" for the movie!? :oops: Maybe it's just because it changes back to the first in the list when you check the info again!?

I've also noticed that when a "foreign" movie is registered in IMDb under it's original non-English title, the image search/suggestion seem to have a problem... i.e.: No images at all :confused: This also seems to be a problem with the summary (sometimes), though director, year and runtime seems fine.

Finally I can't seem to get any ratings for movies! :oops: The 10 yellow stars remains "dark" and votes says "unknown" :confused:

Otherwise I can only say thanks a lot for creating this amazing application and good luck with the development :)

[This is where the break "was" between my posts ;)]

After returning to the Movie Database Editor under Movies in MP Configuration I realized that you can remove "wrong" genres, actors etc. from there, but it would still be nice to have the possibility to do it from within MP itself.

I also noticed that the IMDb query downloads "Plot" and "Tagline" which is two fields I'd gladly give up in return for the above mentioned "Language" field... Who needs the "Plot" info when you have the "Summary" info? Besides as it is now those fields aren't used inside MP anyway... afaik ;) Also noticed that the "Writers" info is already queried so why not put it to use inside MP?

Still don't know why "Rating" and "Votes" is empty after query!? :confused:

Further I strongly support Draco's wish above of having several genres per movie... when querying IMDb simply get "all" the genres of a movie. I tried to add an extra genre manually to a movie from within the Editor and it shows up nicely in the movie info inside MP, I can also find the same movie under both genres/categories, so it works fine.

In that same spirit it would be really nice to also have MP query the IMDb "AKA" field, i.e. the "Title" field if you like. Above mentioned "foreign" movies like e.g. "Jing wu men" (the one I just tried to enter manually under two genres, Action AND Kung-Fu ;)) is probably better known to "us" westerners under it's English name "Fist of Fury" and that is also the title I'd like to have in my list, but it would still be cool to also have/know the original name. So you could have several titles in your DB under each movie info, but only one "primary" title which would show up when sorting your collection by titles.

Over & Out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom