Editing with Media Portal (1 Viewer)

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Hello

Media Portal’s editor could be the best editor I have tried so far for the TS files if it overcame the scroll bar problem. Media Portal’s video editor does not enable me to move the scroll bar along by clicking or dragging it rapidly like other programs such as Avidemux. With Portal’s editor I have to fast forward the file and then wait for it to reach the start of the section that I want to start editing. This often takes many minutes. There is a scroll bar. However, you cannot click or drag on it to move it rapidly along. Is this normal and will future versions of Portal overcome this problem? I have version 1.0

Your help will be appreciated,
Regards Richard.

J

jakeswatson

Ya this was the problem in the version 1.0 and hope that i later version it will solved.

Richard Hole

Portal Pro
March 27, 2009
Home Country
Re: Editing with Media Portal and other issues.

Hello

Does anyone know when this editor scroll bar problem may be fixed and if there is any chance that the next version could include the changes?

Another suggested change would be an option to record videos at a lower resolution to save disk space as the files would be smaller. Currently, on some of the TV channels, the files are about 4 gigs per hour of recording. It would be good to reduce the size of the files on some occasions without having to use an editor to do it later. However, the choice to change the size would want to be easy and fast to do because on some recordings you still need to record at a high resolution.

Another problem I have is that if I minimize media portal or press the “show desktop” icon, Portal crashes. It would be good if it minimized on the task bar like other programs.

Sometimes Media Portal also stops recording the TV program even though it indicates that it is still recording. As a result, I often have to go into Windows Explorer to view the “recordings” folder to check to see if the file is still increasing in size which means that Portal is still recording.

Do you think some of these problems will be solved in the next version of Media Portal?

Your help will be appreciated,
Regards Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom