eHome MCE Remote - Greenbutton assignment (1 Viewer)

PureLoneWolf

Portal Pro
September 16, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version:1.1.0 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Purevision 16:9 2.8
Windows Version: 7 RTM
CPU Type: Intel Dual Core E8400
HDD: Various (4.5tb)
Memory: 4gb Corsair
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35
Video Card: Nvidia 9600GT 1024mb
Video Card Driver: 8.16.11.9107
Sound Card: Onboard
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Remote: ehome MCE Remote

Hi all

I just picked up an eHome MCE Remote and it works perfectly with MediaPortal...all except one part. The ehtray application (as far as I can tell), launches Windows Media Center whenever the green button is pressed. I would like to remap this to launch MP.

Has anyone managed to do this?? If so, how?

Many thanks

Dave

ichessblumen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    find ehshell.exe and rename to e.g. ehshell.old.exe...that worked for me. since it is in a hidden folder make sure in folder options that you see all hidden folders. admin rights are prerequisited.

best.
    ieb

PureLoneWolf

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks - I'll look into the IR Suite..quick question though, by using that..does it remove my ability to specify MCE remote in MP and have it work...ie, will I have to completely configure the remote? Or will it still act as an MCE remote and allow a single button reassignment.

Many thanks

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    You can still use the remote in MediaPortal.
    IRSS comes with a MP Control plugin that can be configured from the Plugins (process) section of MP Configuration. You will need to disable the remote in the Remote section of Configuration to avoid double keystrokes.

You can also disable the MPControl plugin if you do not want to use it.

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I've got the same remote control but the key 0 to 9 don't work on MP when I set the mce remote into MP configuration.
    Is it normal or not? I've to use the IRSS to map these keys?

Thank you :)

Edit : Sorry, I've found the solution of my problem. The keyboard must be configured in QWERTY (English US) and not in AZERTY (French Belgium)

fred999

June 19, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is a really easy way to change what the green button launches. I found instructions here:

Installation Manual

Essentially all you have to do is replace ehshell.exe with your own batch file (using bat to exe converter) that launches MP (or whatever else you wanted). Batch to EXE can be found here: Bat To Exe Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I just setup a clean Windows 7 install with the lastest SVN of 1.1.0. All I did in MP config is check the box "Use Microsoft MCE Remote or Keyboard" and then replaced ehshell.exe and now the big green button on my MCE remote launches Mediaportal.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom