Electric Lead (Monochrome mod) (1 Viewer)

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
posterkg5.jpg

Ok, i've been experimenting a bit with monochrome looks and i've created some mockups to post here and to get your impressions about them. Also, my idea is to use gray tones and also a single color (orange) to give to the skin a more showy look. Tell me what you think... In final version i'll provide the skin in three flavours Electric blue, Deep orange and White purity...

UPDATE 1:

12-9-2007 First beta available. Two flavours submited (blue and orange)
Supported plugins:
- Worldmap
- TV Series
- Wikipedia
- Online videos
- My status (MBM 5)
- Last.fm
- File explorer
- My news
- My e-mail
- My lyrics
- My films
- Global search
- IE Based Web browser

UPDATE 2:

12-14-2007 Second beta available (1.02b). Three flavours submited (blue, orange and white)

- Reworked My TV plugin screens (OSD, guide, etc.)
- Control bar moved to top :(
- Automatic detection of My TV plugin, if it's not enabled, then the skin uses Online videos shortcut.
- Added "movie_nocover.png" file (look into the Media folder) for customizing latest version of My Films.
- Some minor bugs fixed.

UPDATE 3:

12-24-2007 Third beta available (1.03b).

- My TV Series overlapping text bug solved
- Changed texts colors
- Changed selected buttons color
- Various bugs fixes

SKIN USAGE TIP:

First all, install the skin (if you have latest MP version, it's as simple as double click the file)

Open MP's configurator and go to Plugins section, then right click over Electric Lead Menu1 and select: 'Listed in home'. Repeat it with Menu2 and Menu3. Also configure as "Listed in Home" all the other used plugins: Worldmap, Wikipedia, My lyrics, My email, Webbrowser, Global search, Last.fm, My status, My TV Series, My films, Online videos, My news, etc. Keep all the others plugins as 'Listed in My Plugins'.

Download links:

Electric Lead (orange deep)

Electric Lead (electric blue)

Electric Lead (white purity)

regards,

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    257.2 KB
  • Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    249.9 KB
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    160.9 KB
  • Capture5.jpg
    Capture5.jpg
    217.3 KB
  • Capture4.jpg
    Capture4.jpg
    299.2 KB

bamm134

November 28, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This looks fantastic! I can't wait to see how this develops, and thank you for your efforts.

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1) I have no idea, never had a bottom topbar ;).

2) Have a look at common.window.xml, look for the location of the #selecteditem label and change <posX> and <posY>. Have a look at this page on the wiki http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/SkinArchitecture/current_file_tags for some more tags, just replace #selecteditem with what you want or add more controls. This list is obviously out of date - I know there are more tags available, I just can't find the latest info on them :(.

3) Have a look at musicOverlay.xml, look for the location of #Play.Current.Title\r#Play.Current.Artist\r#Play.Current.Album\r#Play.Current.Duration

Have a look at videoOverlay.xml, look for the location of #Play.Current.Title\r#Play.Current.Genre\r#Play.Current.Year\r#Play.Current.Director

Look for the locations of logo_XXX.png in the two above xmls and videoOverlayTop.xml. I've never managed to get the play logo to stay on top of the video overlay, only the others. If you pause/play the movie you'll see what I mean.

Good luck and have fun skinning ;).

Edit: Right I've just looked through the source code and here are the properties (tags) I found in PropertyManager.cs. Remember though that some can only be used at certain times and in certain screens, I think ;).

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks Darre, it could be very useful. And lets hope that Harley or any other skin 'gurus' around here can help with the matter of the bottom bar, the only thing that i need to know, is how to change the top bar animation to the bottom...

regards,

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    you might find it to be impossible, many things in MP are hardcoded, and the _top_bar is likely to be one of them. But ive been wrong before :)

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    This time you can see here real screenshot running in MP (see also first post for updates). I hope to upload here the first beta soon...

Anybody knows if it's possible to use a different overlay video window for basic home screen only??

regards,

Attachments

• Mono_lead_1.jpg
      Mono_lead_1.jpg
      520.9 KB
    • Mono_lead_4.jpg
      Mono_lead_4.jpg
      708.4 KB
    • Mono_lead_2.jpg
      Mono_lead_2.jpg
      572.6 KB
    • Mono_lead_6.jpg
      Mono_lead_6.jpg
      539.8 KB
    • Mono_lead_5.jpg
      Mono_lead_5.jpg
      509.4 KB

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Looks promising!
    I have to see it "live" to find out weather the MP logo is a bit to high-contrast for my eyes (does not look to sharp either).

BTW: Fidoboy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom