Emprex 3009URF III Vista MCE remote - some keys not working (1 Viewer)

LeJimster

Portal Member
September 5, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a Emprex 3009URF III, which I have got working upto a point. But a couple of keys I would really like to use don't do anything and I'm struggling to find out how to get the keymap codes from programs like EventGhost.

Through enabling "Use MCE Remote or Keyboard" and "Use general HID" I have been able to get the following keys working.
Power
Record
Play
Pause
Rewind
Forward
Skip Back
Skip Forward
Back
Up
Down
Left
Right
Select (OK)
Volume up
Volume down
Mute
Channel up
Channel down
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,*.#
Clear
T
Enter

The buttons that do nothing are:
Green MCE Button
i (more)
RecTV
Guide
LiveTV
DVDMenu
Music
Pictures
Video
Radio
Red
Green
Yellow
Blue

I would like to be able to use the "Green MCE Button" for Home
I would like to use the "i" (more) button for bringing up context menus (same as right mouse button)
And I'm not sure if interactive services are supported in Mediaportal, but if so i would like to be able to use the Red,Green,Yellow,Blue too.

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Intel E5300
HDD: Kingsont 40GB SSD Now
Memory: 2GB Ballistix DDR2-800
Motherboard: Zotac GF9300 G-E
Video Card: Onboard nvidia GF9300
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: --
Sound Card Driver: latest
1. TV Card: none in this machine
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD9
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freesat/Freeview
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Scythe BIG Shuriken 120
Power Supply: PicoPSU 120
Remote: EMPREX
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    Hi LeJimster,

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same remote/problem and the only posts that say it is fixed are on older versions and a long time ago.

I remember there used to be a version of the keyboard input plugin which had a learn feature. The only one that I could find did not have this feature. I tried the new one with event ghost, but could not get the two to talk.

The remote is great even with limited functionality.

Chris

LeJimster

Portal Member
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    There has never been an official fix no, the only partial solution I found was use a separate app but it stopped working after awhile as it was a demo and I don't fancy spending the money to buy full version. Software I was using was a recent build of Intelliremote (older versions do not support the remote). Even then you have to train the keys to do what you want them to do :) Nothing is straight forward when it comes to using HTPC software I've found.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Did anyone every find a fix to get this remote to work properly with Mediaportal?

I am having exactly the same problems as mentioned above.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I had this remote in the past and was working properly, all buttons, Home included using eventgost HID pluging, assigning all buttons to the mediaportal plugin (inside eventghost) and installing in Mediaportal a soft to listen eventghost. The last pluging:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/input-output/eventghostplus
    works great.
    As soon as you have the HID plugin active, you look to the HID devices (take care, some times the HID pluging windows is too small and there is no space for other HID devices and you don't find the right one, expand or magnify the window to see all HID devices) as far as I remember, there were 3 HID devices to make fully working Emprexx remote. So you will end up with 3 HID plugins inside eventghost, one for each different key sections.

Once properly recognized, you will see that buttons preses are recognized by eventghost.
    Copy those key presses to the Mediaportal plugin (inside eventghost) if you press, let's say Home, EventGhost will recognize the button name with a code (don't spect the name just a code) and you can copy (right mouse button) or drag the code to the Mediaportal Home function (on the right side of the eventghost screen).

Deactivate all remotes in mediaportal as the eventghost will take care of all functions. If fail to deactivate, some buttons may have doubled function (doubled clicks).

Regards
    A

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom