Emulators 0.13 (23/1/2024) (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I will need some time to figure out which arguments to pass to the emulators
    Both ZSNES and Fusion should work with the arguments field left blank and use quotes checked.

Games are imported, although some are missing
    Make sure your games are named the same as they are on thegamesdb.net, only exact (or very close) matches will be imported

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With version 0.1.1 I didn't face a problem yet. I tried a PC and a SNES game :)[DOUBLEPOST=1446303609][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Make sure your games are named the same as they are on thegamesdb.net, only exact (or very close) matches will be imported

I have a PC game that is not recognized. Any hint for that? I can not put ":" in the folder name, so I tried as close as possible as you mentioned.
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt http://thegamesdb.net/game/15083/
    The game was not recognized with "The Witcher 3", "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt", "Witcher 3", "Witcher Wild Hunt".

EDIT: Could you add the info, that the database is thegamedb.net to wiki? Is it possible to add the number in brackets behind the game to ensure 100% matching. Example for Witcher 3: "The Witcher 3 (g15083)"

Last edited:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a PC game that is not recognized. Any hint for that? I can not put ":" in the folder name, so I tried as close as possible as you mentioned.
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt http://thegamesdb.net/game/15083/
    The game was not recognized with "The Witcher 3", "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt", "Witcher 3", "Witcher Wild Hunt".
    I can see the problem, I'm being a bit overzealous with cleaning up the filename, I'll need to release an update to fix it.

Is it possible to add the number in brackets behind the game to ensure 100% matching. Example for Witcher 3: "The Witcher 3 (g15083)
    Not a bad idea...

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Maybe the NfoMDE could be modified to handle games also? Then a nfo file in the game directory could be used to get a 100% match.
    In general, it can. There is a separate NfoMovieMDE and NfoSeriesMDE and it wouldn't be a problem to also have a NfoGamesMDE. But is there a standard for nfo files for Games? I'm not so much a fan of creating our own standards....

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Sure, nfo files are more flexible, but what program can be used to write them? Creating nfo files from scratch manually is a real pain...
    If you can get all you need from thegamesdb.net (sorry, I don't use emulator games) then the easiest way would certainly be to recognise the game by a unique number in the folder or file name. We do the same with movies and IMDb numbers. As soon as you put the IMDb ID (TT...) somewhere in the movie file's name (or folder name) the MovieMDE downloads all the necessary information from the Internet.
    What you can not do with this method is of course have metadata different from the one you find on thegamesdb.net. That's the main use case for nfo files for series and movies: if people want to have 100% defined metadata dviating from the metadata found in the Internet.
    Are you aware of a software that creates (or reads) nfo files for games?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As soon as you put the IMDb ID (TT...) somewhere in the movie file's name (or folder name) the MovieMDE downloads all the necessary information from the Internet.
    I think that is what can be supported at least. Not sure if Timhoh1234 put the "g" intentionally in front of the number. I would propose a format like (GG123456) to avois that the number can be mixed up with dates, which - maybe also for games - come often in brackets.
    The nfo files are then optional for future dependent on situation and effort.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I think that is what can be supported at least. Not sure if Timhoh1234 put the "g" intentionally in front of the number. I would propose a format like (GG123456) to avois that the number can be mixed up with dates, which - maybe also for games - come often in brackets.
    The nfo files are then optional for future dependent on situation and effort.
    This is the route I am going to go for now, as ever with coding the hardest part is deciding what the prefix should be for the id :), a quick google doesn't show any 'standard' for it.
    What does the 'tt' in an IMDB id stand for anyway o_O

rkooten

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    I may just use this post as my personal notes while testing.

Emulators tested:
    ZSNES - working

- Managed to get ZSNES working with roms on a client media source (local filesystem). Haven't been able to get it running with roms on a server media source (local filesystem). The server is a dedicated server on my network so I am first going to check file permissions on those drives. I will also fire up the VM again with Emulators v0.1.1 to see whether it does work with a server media source (local file system) with a single seat install.

- Fortunately I found that ZSNES (and other similar "portable" emulators) can be accessed on mapped network drives. For me that is great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom