Emulators 0.13 (23/1/2024) (2 Viewers)

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
October 25, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Is it just me with the sound issues as above?

Not sure what else to try?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've only tested the plugin with very few "PC" games ("AoE2 HD" and "Widelands"). They had sound. But I'm not the "big gamer", so someone else may have more experience...

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    libretro cores being used. Tried about 7 different emulators for different platforms and all work perfect apart from sound. No audio from any libreto emulator.

Games work fine if i use an emulator outside of MediaPortal and PC games configured through Emulators plug in work fine.

Thanks

Ant

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    libretro cores being used. Tried about 7 different emulators for different platforms and all work perfect apart from sound. No audio from any libreto emulator.
    Thanks, the plugin creates its own sound output for libretro cores, it's supposed to use the audio renderer configured in MP2s Video Player settings though (Settings->Players->Video Player->Codecs->Audio Renderer) but that part is relatively untested :whistle:
    Can you post a set of debug logs for the client showing the issue. How is your audio configured? HDMI/AVR/etc? Can you also just double check the Windows volume mixer when playing a game to check it's not muted.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Hello @Brownard

Ive attached client deug logs showing what happens when a game is started. IT doesnt generate any error log events, just a warn event as below:
    Code:
    [2017-02-21 15:26:24,152] [7851071] [LibRetroThread] [WARN ] - LibRetroDirectSound: Failed to initialise device
    SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x88780078], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Unknown
       at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
       at SharpDX.DirectSound.DSound.Create8(Nullable`1 cGuidDeviceRef, DirectSound dS8Out, ComObject unkOuterRef)
       at Emulators.LibRetro.SoundProviders.LibRetroDirectSound.InitializeDirectSound(IntPtr windowHandle, Guid audioRenderer)
       at Emulators.LibRetro.SoundProviders.LibRetroDirectSound.Init(IntPtr windowHandle, Guid audioRenderer, Int32 sampleRate, Double bufferSizeSeconds)

My system puts out sound through a Display Port, all other sounds etc work fine. I did notice that when a game is played, if i return to the main menu (game still playing in background) none of the MP system sounds/effects will play. the whole of media portal is silent. I checked playback devices and volume levels from window sound controls and everything is as it should be.

Thanks

Anthony

Attachments

• Client.txt
      22.4 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    New version available in first post.
    There's now a separate setting for choosing the audio device to use for libretro cores if you need to use something other than the windows default (Settings->Plugins->Emulators->Libretro->Audio Device).

@Anthony Parry hopefully that will fix your issue, it turns out trying to use the video audio renderer was just plain wrong :whistle:

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    The new version works like a charm, pasted new files over old ones, restarted the service and everything just worked, no changes needed to anything else.

You are a legend :)

Thank you

Anthony

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Feature Request. Apart of the sh.. working TheGamesDB. Is it possible to integrate a local games libary like using local data on the share. for example:

<game>.<ext>
    <game>.nfo XML-File with Title, Description, Developer, Year, Genre
    <game>-front.jpg
    <game>-back.jpg
    <game>-title.jpg
    <game>-ingame.jpg
    <game>-fanart.jpg

so it would be possible to have a fast local listing at a new installation

And when we reinstall the server, there is no need of a new hope that TheGamesDB is running good.

Just look at Lehmden mkvbuddy. He make here a very good job for local data for mkv-media-files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom