Emulators 0.13 (23/1/2024) (3 Viewers)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
November 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Brownard,

i have test the new MP2.1.1 with the emulatorplugin (0.6) . I can create the the emulator, but the mediatype games is not existing in mediasources. I think, there is something to fix.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i have test the new MP2.1.1 with the emulatorplugin (0.6) . I can create the the emulator, but the mediatype games is not existing in mediasources. I think, there is something to fix.
    Thanks, I've just uploaded an update for 2.1.1, get it from the download link in 1st post.

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any chance that I could get my Steam controller to work as input device?
    It doesn't show up in the device settings of the plugin.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any chance that I could get my Steam controller to work as input device?
    It looks like it uses a proprietary API for the full functionality which is restricted to use in Steam so getting it to fully work probably isn't possible currently. It does look like some people have reversed engineered it but nothing in c# (which MP/this plugin is written in) and as I don't own a steam controller it would be difficult for me to port their work and implement it myself.
    It might be possible to get basic functionality to work as apparently it does report itself as a mouse and keyboard, have you tried mapping it using keyboard as the input device, you might be able to get at least the d-pad and buttons to work (the plugin doesn't support mouse input yet so the track pads probably won't work)?

PrinzValium

Portal Member
    December 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have you tried mapping it using keyboard as the input device
    This works in theory if you configure the steam controller to use only keyboard keys and nothing special i.e. mouse movement.
    In practice this means you can't use it for anything else anymore while on your desktop.
    Because of this and according to what you said it's probably not worth the trouble.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Any chance this would work with 2.1.2/2.1.3? I can add the emulator, configure it etc. and add the media source type but nothing happens when I select Games from the main menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom