Emulators 0.13 (23/1/2024) (2 Viewers)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have tested ZSNES and Fusion with games over a network and they seem to work OK. Are you able to play videos, etc from server media sources? The underlying mechanism is the same.

rkooten

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Audio, movies and series play but especially larger video files seem buggy. I'll continue looking into this.

What I have seen so far though seems much, much more stable and well thought out that the MP1 version. Browsing for games is certainly much, much quicker. The MP1 version couldn't deal with my library...

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Are you aware of a software that creates (or reads) nfo files for games?
    No, I don't think anything like that exists. There are multiple providers for game information though, so that could be leveraged to get the best information for a game. But I'm no expert in these matters, I think @Brownard should make a choice here. :D

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First post updated with a new version. I did quite a lot of refactoring so look out for bugs ;)

@Timhoh1234 I have added the ability to include TheGamesDb id in the filename, it needs to be prefixed with two 'g's and enclosed in brackets, e.g (gg12345).

@ge2301 I've added a workaround for displaying different images on the client, you need to use the GameImageSourceConverter with a MediaItem as source, the ConverterParameters are the same as the FanArtImageSourceConverter. Fanart, Banners and ClearArt should now also be available.
    I have update the included BlueVision skin files so that fanart is displayed. The only thing that won't work is displaying fanart in the background because the background screens use the FanArtImageSourceConverter.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for the quick update.
    I'll try it tonight or tomorrow and feedback the results. Also I'm happy that FanArts are supported. As I use the Win10 theme I'm also interested into background FanArts. As I understood these need an action from @morpheus_xx, would be great if it can be realized!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First post updated with a new version. I did quite a lot of refactoring so look out for bugs ;)

@Timhoh1234 I have added the ability to include TheGamesDb id in the filename, it needs to be prefixed with two 'g's and enclosed in brackets, e.g (gg12345).

@ge2301 I've added a workaround for displaying different images on the client, you need to use the GameImageSourceConverter with a MediaItem as source, the ConverterParameters are the same as the FanArtImageSourceConverter. Fanart, Banners and ClearArt should now also be available.
    I have update the included BlueVision skin files so that fanart is displayed. The only thing that won't work is displaying fanart in the background because the background screens use the FanArtImageSourceConverter.
    Great work. I can confirm, that both is working really well now. All my games were detected without problems with last version 0.2.
    Also I can see the FanArt Images in BlueVision, making it visually even more attractive. (y)

Unbenannt3.jpg

Some Images were not downloaded completely, but I think with is not related to your code.
    I'll keep an eye on it anyway.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I try to take a look at the two different branches (minimum version and the original one) this week. But I'm quite busy atm...
    I know, I'm annoying :D I don't ask what I want to ask. I think quoting is enough.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried the latest weekly version and the game fanarts are still not showing up.
    With the modifications from Brownard I can see them for BlueVision, but for Titanium and Win10 Theme still not working :(
    @ge2301
    When do you plan to finalize the game part of Win10 Theme?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom