Emulators 0.13 (23/1/2024) (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't think the required patch is included in the latest weekly so background fanart still won't work.

I can implement a dirty hack to get it to work using the currently unused Artist media type.

Do you have any objections to this
    @morpheus_xx? It will be handled by my GameImageSourceConverter so I can easily remove the hack if/when the patch is included.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm on a conference till friday, after that I have some time. I'd prefer to include a proper solution right from the beginning :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried the latest weekly version and the game fanarts are still not showing up.
    With the modifications from Brownard I can see them for BlueVision, but for Titanium and Win10 Theme still not working :(
    @ge2301
    When do you plan to finalize the game part of Win10 Theme?
    After Morpheus_xx made the necessary changes I'll do it.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard I have used your initial version as base an created a new, rebased version: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commits/FEAT_MP2-504_Extend_Fanart_Service. Please check the changes, if they still work for your plugin.

Things to note:
    • Created Jira entry: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP2-504 (don't you have an account there yet?)
    • Rebased upon dev, fixed new file's locations
    • Most important: I had to increase the plugin version and also API number, because of the breaking interface changes (enums vs. strings) on both client and server side

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @Brownard I have used your initial version as base an created a new, rebased version: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commits/FEAT_MP2-504_Extend_Fanart_Service. Please check the changes, if they still work for your plugin.

Things to note:
    • Created Jira entry: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP2-504 (don't you have an account there yet?)
    • Rebased upon dev, fixed new file's locations
    • Most important: I had to increase the plugin version and also API number, because of the breaking interface changes (enums vs. strings) on both client and server side
    Thanks, I'll check it out later this evening, and no I don't have have a Jira account...

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    New version released for the latest MP2 weekly with support for fanart, see the main download link in the first post.
    Note that this version will not work on earlier versions of MP2.

@ge2301 I have removed the GameImageSourceConverter as it is now unnecessary, you should be able to handle images the same as other media - just use a FanArtMediaType of 'Game'.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 I have removed the GameImageSourceConverter as it is now unnecessary, you should be able to handle images the same as other media - just use a FanArtMediaType of 'Game'.
    Works like a charme! (y) I'll make some advertisement for the plugin then. By time many people requested for it, but not sure how many are aware it's available finally :D
    I think it's a big step and a good argument for many people to try MP2. Also thanks to @morpheus_xx !

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    New version released, now with Libretro support! Check the libretro section of the wiki for detailed information.

Libretro is a project that aims to create a unified API for running emulators, each libretro core implements the actual emulation whilst allowing libretro compatible frontends to implement audio and video output and user input. By implementing the libretro API the latest version of the plugin is able to run emulated games 'natively' in MediaPortal 2, just like playing a video :).

Cores can be downloaded from within the plugin, just select libretro as the emulator type when adding an emulator, then select Download Cores (Some cores require additional bios files to run, check the Additional Requirements section of the wiki)

You will need to map a controller, again check the wiki, HID and XInput devices should be supported.

Sadly some cores make use of fibers which are not compatible with .net/the CLR, notably MAME (try FBAlpha instead). Check Core Compatibilty for more information and alternatives.

Using multiple HID controllers is untested and things like removing and reinserting HID controllers may not currently work correctly.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tried it and works like a charme. I selected an SNES core and added under MediaSources the path to a SuperMario SNES image.
    Imediately the game appears in the game list with description and fanart:
    Unbenannt.jpg

One click on the game and it starts imediately, handled as a normal video. But of course - different as a video - you can also play it! ;) Even the same controls (play / pause, mute) are available.

Unbenannt2.jpg

Really great work!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom