Attachments

• strings_de.xml
    10.4 KB

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
November 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
At a intensiv test of the emulatorplugin i have a problem.

For the test i have connect a XBOX One Wireless Controller Stick with two XBOX One Wireless Controllers. After i have connect it, in the plugin i see four controller 2 XBOX One Wireless Controllers und 2 XBox 360 Controller. The Two One-Wireless Controller have the same name. When i think, that i can connect up to 8 Controllers, then i have a problem with config because all looking same. Do you know who i mean? I think a numbering for same controllers were good.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For the test i have connect a XBOX One Wireless Controller Stick with two XBOX One Wireless Controllers. After i have connect it, in the plugin i see four controller 2 XBOX One Wireless Controllers und 2 XBox 360 Controller. The Two One-Wireless Controller have the same name. When i think, that i can connect up to 8 Controllers, then i have a problem with config because all looking same. Do you know who i mean? I think a numbering for same controllers were good.
    Thanks. Xbox controllers get listed as both HID and XInput devices (the type is in brackets after the name when mapping). HID controllers of the same type don't currently get a unique name, I only have 1 working controller at the mo but I'll see if I can fix it so they do.

The XInput versions (I think they are the 'XBox 360 Controllers') should be numbered though, I recommend you map/use those anyway as the plugin has better support for XInput.

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I only have 1 working controller at the mo but I'll see if I can fix it so they do
    i have no xbox 360 controller, but 2 xbox one wireless controller, but every controller is 2 times listed. One time as xbox one controller and the second time as dxinput (xbox 360 controller. When you work on the plugin and you need a tester with 2 conroller (even i have 3 controller), you can give me the plugin for testing. No problem.

i have also find out, that not all file extention are find with the mediasearching, when extention have more than one dot. for example i have for my ps2-files the extention (.iso.gz). i dont know if this a problem of the plugin or of the server-components. What do you think?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    i have also find out, that not all file extention are find with the mediasearching, when extention have more than one dot. for example i have for my ps2-files the extention (.iso.gz). i dont know if this a problem of the plugin or of the server-components. What do you think?
    I don't think Windows allows dots in extensions so the extension of your files is just '.gz'. You should configure the emulator with '.gz' rather than '.iso.gz'.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think Windows allows dots in extensions so the extension of your files is just '.gz'. You should configure the emulator with '.gz' rather than '.iso.gz'.
    Generally windows allows dots, I have it for many files and we do it also for subtitles. So in case it's really windows related, it shouldn't be an issue.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Generally windows allows dots, I have it for many files and we do it also for subtitles. So in case it's really windows related, it shouldn't be an issue.
    The plugin checks the actual extension, which can't contain dots, it doesn't just check that the path ends with the given string (though I could change it so it does).

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows handle no dots in extension. Read from the right is the first dot the beginning of the extension. But in the old myEmulators-Plugin for mp1, i could set it in this way in the settings-part for extension. It is no problem for me to rename my files and remove the .iso-part, but so a further user would have no problem with this special setting.

at the moment i make very much experiments with my installation. So for a test i have four .iso-Files in romsdircetory. I change the setting for extension to only .iso so the Share watcher find my four new files (at this moment my first four files). Now i change it to only .gz. After a manuel reimport i find the four .iso-files still in the mediasources. Is this normal or must i manuel remove it.

A other problem is the scaning of my roms. Most of them have round or square´brackets in his name (for example: Ratchet & Clank (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (v2.00).iso). How we could handle this in a better way. Can you add a setting for remove this informations from the filename for the scanning?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    After a manuel reimport i find the four .iso-files still in the mediasources. Is this normal or must i manuel remove it.
    This is normal, the importer will only remove files that no longer exist in the directory, this part is handled by MP2 before the plugin 'takes over' the import (and checks the extensions). I think in normal usage this isn't an issue as configured extensions wouldn't normally be removed.
    You will either need to temporarily move the effected files out of the directory and do a reimport which should then remove those files from the library, or remove the entire media source and start again.
    A other problem is the scaning of my roms. Most of them have round or square´brackets in his name (for example: Ratchet & Clank (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (v2.00).iso). How we could handle this in a better way. Can you add a setting for remove this informations from the filename for the scanning?
    Any strings contained in round and square brackets are removed when searching for online information, however if no online match is found the full filename including brackets will be used, again I am open to improving this ;).

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, ok. Then you have do it in best way for searching and tagging. Is it possible to do that in a manuel way, or give the information in a .nfo with the same naming like the rom. Perhaps also the pictures, with names like name-front.jpg, name-banner.jpg or name-fanart.jpg. So i had a very flexible option for perfect results in the view?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom