Encrypted channels freeze after a few seconds (1 Viewer)

IkeV70

Portal Pro
April 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Since upgrading to 1.0.1.0 I've been struggling with a problem with my FireDTV T/CI. I'm not sure if the problem is in MP / TV Server or in the card itself. I'm wondering if any people here recognise the problem:\

One fine day I upgraded a few things at once: MP from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.1.0, uploaded latest firmware and drivers for my FireDTV T/CI (or is it FloppyDTV T/CI? I can never remember) with Conax 4.00e CAM. From that moment I had a problem I never had before that:

When MP has been running for a day and I start an encrypted channel it will run for about 5 to 10 seconds. After that both image and sound freeze. I can switch to another encrypted channel, which will run for 5 to 10 seconds and then freeze. I can switch back to the first one, it will run for 5 to 10 secs and then freeze. When I switch to a FTA channel it runs without any problems.
I've got 2 CAM/smartcard sets. I switched them, problem remains the same. The cam/smartcard sets both work fine in my LCD tv.

When I fiddle a bit with restarting TV-Service, starting FireDTV's CI utility, things like that, I'll usually get the encrypted channels working again. However, the next day the problem will always reappear.

In the mean time I downgraded the firmware and drivers of the FireDTV and upgraded MP to 1.0.2.0. No success unfortunately, the freeze-after-a-few-seconds problem remains.

TV-Server Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Black & White 1080
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Athlon 4850e / 2.50 GHz
HDD: 500 GB Maxtor, 1000 GB Western Digital
Memory: 3 GB DDR2
Motherboard: Gigabyte 780G
Video Card: onboard ATI Radeon HD3200
Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 9.4
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: optical out