[EPG] enhanced dvb epg (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm testing mp for a while now and it's great. But there is one thing that's really worth improving - the epg.
    I am using dvb epg because other epg forms are too static when channels change their program spontaneously
    or they are simply late in their schedule. (which they do/are quite often)

Is there a way to recheck the epg signal of a show on the channel you have just changed to?
    Like a constant recheck if the epg data has changed to the data already existing.
    (the function "try to update existing entries" seems not to work fast enough in this terms)
    With the epg function right now I have problems that recordings are quite problematic and the progress bar in live tv
    is not necessarily corresponding to the true progress (especially with short shows).

Or maybe dvb epg and web epg could be connected to each other that the web epg would deliver all epg data
    except the times (starting / ending) and dvb epg would only give the times.

I am a convert comming from mce and there it works like that:
    mce is downloading epg data from the internet for the next two weeks. But then there seems to be a recheck
    if times are still up to date in the moment you zap to your desired channel.
    When a show is longer than scheduled mce realises instantly and shows the present show as the active show as long as it lasts.
    As recently as the next show actually starts it is displayed by mce as the present show.
    So obviously there must be an update or recheck between web epg and dvb epg.

Are these practicable improvements? At least the "up to date - recheck" in the moment you change channles...

THX in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom